Thursday, September 17, 2009

Happy 3, Mr. Bean!

This morning we went to JCPenney Portrait Studio to get Joshua's 3-year pictures. He did an awesome job! We were there right when the doors opened at 10 am, and Joshua listened to the gal and smiled wide. I thought he looked so cute in the new shirt & tie, pants and belt from Grandma (thank you!!!).I got the package deal of the following photo, my personal favorite of the bunch, even though it was really hard to decide. I also bought a couple others ones and with my coupons, it came out to $12 total. So, I used a gift card Shawn had gotten me. :)The boys looked so handsome in their ties! I decided to walk around and try to do some shopping with no success. Right now, Caleb still fits into 6-9 month pants in the waste; however, they are about two feet too short for him. And 12-month pants fall right down. I can't seem to find any adjustable waist 12-month pants or 9 month pants. I checked Children's Place and JCPenney's before giving up. I also looked for a black shirt for Joshua since they asked that he wear black to school on Monday. No one sells black for little guys! He has tons of blue and no black. UGH!Since the boys were good and the mall wasn't crowded, we went back downstairs and they played and played in the indoor playground. Both boys loved it! Afterward, we ate lunch together at the food court before heading home for naps and a workout for the momma who couldn't seem to drag her butt out of bed this morning to get it over with early.Shawn's favorite picture was the one of Joshua above...wouldn't you know it's one I didn't order any of. Doh! I do love the little outfit on him, though. He loves the belt! Doesn't he look like Daddy?Joshua is growing in so many ways. He's able to repeat things that have happened and talk about them intelligently. For example, he told my mom all about the zoo and the animals he saw there. He also told me what they did in preschool the other day, not just saying "yes" to questions I asked but really recalling what went on.I also love when something wrong happens how he says "oh, no!" It's cute. :)I still enjoy how much Joshua loves music and how he knows the words to songs and sings in tune. It's amazing! He is so sharp!And my Bean still enjoys cuddling from time to time, too. He calls himself our snuggle buggle.Joshua's entire life seems very much like a miracle to me. Thinking back to him in the womb, praying for his lungs...then his early arrival, praying that he would eat and gain weight and come home...then his surgeries, praying that he would survive...then dealing with hospital stays for reflux and asthma, praying again that God would help him grow into the little boy he's become... his entire life seems like it has been blessed by the Lord. And I know that he was born for a purpose. I'm anxious to see what God has in store for him yet!I love his shining eyes and his beautiful smile. I love his gentle heart and spirited personality. I love how he's growing and learning and adapting. I love the baby he was, the toddler he was, the little boy he's become and the man he'll grow to be!My sincere hope is that tomorrow is a terrific birthday, that he enjoys his party on Saturday with his family & friends, and that this is a very special year for our little guy!Joshua got his first card in the mail from my friend Suzanne. He was happy to have mail and kept it with him as he was eating.Next to arrive was a postcard from Grandma & Grandpa Ginder of Mickey & Minnie Mouse and hearts (which Joshua said...look that's Dadda & Momma... haaa!!!).
Then we got a birthday check from Dad, followed by another card. This one was from Great Grandma Kennel. He opened it up and again wanted it to stay by his side. There was a dollar inside and he said, "Look! Monies!" Haaa!!!He's also received two packages in the mail, one from Grandma & Grandpa Ginder and the other one from Aunt Erica. We're keeping them to open tomorrow on his special day, along with presents from us.We're hoping to do some fun activities tomorrow for our 3-year-old, too, but we'll play it by ear and see what he wants to do.Enjoy the rest of the pictures from today!

Happy birthday, Joshua Douglas Good!

1 comment:

Julie said...

oh my! i just adore the smiling eyes and smiles on your boys! and i just love the Godly mother and father they have! <3