Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Current Events

Sunday equaled yard work. Not a ton of it, but some mowing and weeding was in order (actually we need to do a lot more, but in prioritizing our lives, the jungle doesn't make it anywhere close to the top of the list with two little guys who demand most of our attention). At 5 pm, we called Grandma to see if she'd watch the boys for us if we dropped them off at her house. We found a $15 gift card to JB Dawson's Restaurant (a promo we got in the mail) that expired that night. Our entire bill, including tip, was under $10 and we didn't pay a babysitter (sorry, Mom! Thanks for watching them!).


On Monday, it was 'black' day at preschool, so all the kids had to wear black. Joshua was dressed to the nines - wish I would have gotten a picture! That morning, I had asked Caleb if he was ready for a nap and he shook his head yes and walked right over to his crib. He was tired! We had read books and played that morning while Bean was away and he was beat. Mom came over that afternoon and cleaned up some of the weeding we had left behind while the boys napped and I made my way to class.


Tuesday, the boys & I played in the morning until it was time for Nonie & Poppy to pick up Joshua for his birthday lunch. While he was out at the park feeding ducks and having a great time and then off to Isaac's, I met my friend Kelley who I used to work with at Masterpiece Marketing. Caleb, Kelley & I dined at Friendly's while she announced that she's pregnant and leaving the company. I'm so excited for her! That's the third one of my friends that's having a first baby this winter/spring. My best bud Suz called me that night to tell me she's having a BOY! I was thrilled to hear the news. I can't wait to meet all these new little ones!


Today was "white" day at preschool. Joshua wore a white button-down shirt with white shorts and I also put a white shirt on Caleb. Both of them were filthy by the time Nonie came to pick them up so I could go to class. Joshua told me that they heard a story about the Bible today, sang songs and played outside with shovels. Oh, he was dirty! So much for "white" day. And Caleb somehow got PB&J all over himself, even though he was covered with a bib. Such is life! Daddy will eat dinner at their house tonight when he picks up the kids. I, on the other hand, have to go to my second class now. Have a great night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What kind of school has kids dress in white?? I don't even wear white for the same reason of getting dirty! That's too funny.
Love ya!
Suz