Friday, March 7, 2008

Weeble Wobble

Shawn & I have noticed for the past few days that Joshua is stumbling a little more than usual. At first I thought he was probably just tired, but when Shawn mentioned it too, I was concerned. After talking to my mom, I decided to call and leave a message for a nurse at Roseville Pediatrics. The nurse said that sometimes extra wobbliness can come from an inner ear infection, so it was best to have him checked out just to make sure. So, after his breakfast and a quick bath, we headed once again to the pediatrician. The Bean now weighs 22 lbs 11 oz, or one more ounce than he did at his 15-month check-up when we were told he was the 20th percentile for his weight. But, at least he's gaining once again and his appetite is back.

Dr. Ammons was super with Joshua, and he didn't even scream when she checked his ears because she first showed him her light and allowed him to light up his fingers with it...so cute! She said both ears look good and after watching him walk, she said he looks okay and doesn't see anything serious offhand. She did ask lots of questions, though, and said the only other possibility was that he was having mini-seizures. I don't think this is the case, though, because he seems 'with it' and gets up after having fallen. She recommended we video tape any other episodes but deemed it 'fatigue' at this point, where he's just a little more weeble-wobbly because he's tired. Last night and the night before have been the first two nights he's slept the whole way through since he came home from the hospital, so I think that might be an accurate diagnosis. He always keeps us guessing!!! But, it was great to hear that he's gaining weight, his ears are clear, and his lungs sound super!

When we were done, I called mom since she had taken the day off to paint her living room. I met her and her retired friend Pat, who was really sweet to help mom, at Bob Evans for lunch. Joshua was amazing once again at the restaurant, eating well and smiling for everyone in site. I had the most amazing salad, and Joshua loved the banana bread & fruit the best, I think, besides the company of us ladies.

The rain has officially started. They've been calling for flooding, but up until this point it's been relatively dry. So, we'll see! After his breathing treatment this afternoon, I rocked the Bean to sleep. Now with the soft pitter patter of rain, I'm trying to hold my heavy eye lids up to get some work done... The picture above is of Mom with all her grandkids (other than the one in the womb!). It's Faith, then Joshua, then Daniel, then Mom, then Grace and finally Emma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Val, This pic is priceless! The kids look so much like you girls did when you were little. I hope that you are all doing well!! I was excited to see that you are expecting again! Connie and Erics baby is so cute. He emailed out pics and I thought of you when I saw the babys name. Joshua!!! Take care and email or call me when you have some time. Jeanne