Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy 18-month Birthday, Joshua!

This past Friday, I took Joshua to JC Penny's to get professional shots taken for his 18-month birthday. He did a great job, and it was difficult to choose which pictures to buy. I can't wait to get them! I'll post them as soon as I get the electronic ones!I can't believe my baby is already 18 months old! This is such an interesting age as he is learning more and more each day - he's like a little sponge. Today at Julie's he was talking away and said clearly "Thank you, Momma!" and "Go, go, go, bye, bye, bye!" after I put on his coat. There were a few other things he said clearly that I can't remember now. I can't believe he's stringing some words together! He babbles all the time, but now we're realizing that some of that is actual words. Sooo cute! I wish I had books or something to know what activities he should be able to do now so I could keep his interest level up for learning.Joshua is also playing pretend now. He pretended with hats before, but now he pretends he's drinking out of 'cups' or bottles. And he smacks his lips together like it's good. We chuckle. He's such a ham!Unfortunately, this is also an age for his temper to begin to show. He's good for the most part, but there are times that I can't figure out what's frustrating him. The doctor said this is an age for emotion and no real self-control, but it sometimes terrifies me and other times infuriates me. Please continue to pray for his character and that God would give me wisdom in how to best teach him and also give me His patience and peace for these times. I just want the best for the Bean!Joshua also definitely has favorite songs. When "Revelation Song" comes on or we sing it at church, he will stop and smile and sway. Sooo sweet. The other day, I heard "Mighty to Save" performed by Laura Story on the radio. It really spoke to me about God, and I decided to go down to the family room and worship on the piano while Joshua played. However, he came right up to the piano, banged on the keys and sang along. It was out of key and not the words, but it was not talking or shouting, it was real singing right from his little heart. And it melted mine. How blessed I am as a mom to have such a wonderful little son! Happy 18-month birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

growing up so fast!

Anonymous said...

do you have a webcam? If so we should schedule some time that we can visit with Joshua and he can see us as well, let me know what you think.

Grandpa & Grandma Ginder