Monday, March 3, 2008

Playing at the Park

My sister Jen called today and asked if we'd like to go to the park since it was so gorgeous outside. With 60 degree weather complete with sunshine, we decided to go while we had the opportunity. I drove the mile and a half to her house and then put Joshua in his stroller while she put Emma & Daniel in her double stroller. Grace & Faith rode their scooters and we all took off for Stoner Park. Joshua was not too sure about walking on the grass and wood chips at first. It's strange to think he's really only been walking since 2008 began, so he hasn't had the opportunity to try out his outdoor legs. :)
He wasn't a big fan of the swings this time, but Jen's kids all loved them. When a man walking two small puppies came near, the kids all went over to say hello to the friendly dogs who loved the attention. Joshua climbed up the stairs to the sliding board (a very small one) after watching his cousins do it a thousand times. Then he slid down backward with me right there to catch him. He enjoyed that much better than me holding him and him sliding down on his rear. We only stayed about an hour since I had to get ready for class, but I know all the kids enjoyed it. And, I think Jen & I had a good time, too, just catching some fresh air. We've had cabin fever, so getting outside feels great. Hooray for springtime weather!

No comments: