Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Lunch Date with Daddy

There have been several days in March that were incredibly warm. One day was near 80 degrees. I asked Shawn if he'd like to meet for lunch. I think this was Friday, March 24. I offered to pack us lunches and meet him at the Leola Park. He said it sounded like a good plan. So, I threw together peanut butter & jelly for the kids, ham & cheese with lettuce for us, and I grabbed some yogurt & apples, cottage cheese, cheese & crackers, organic cookies, and whatever I could quickly find. We were excited to be in the sunshine!
Speaking of meeting for lunch, we had met Daddy for lunch earlier in the month and had driven to Wendy's in New Holland to eat together. Joshua told us that we ate at "Wednesdays." Haaa!!
Here's all my boys together. Shawn is such a good Daddy. His boys love him. :) Me too! We had fun at the park. The boys made a friend there. He looked quite a bit older than Joshua, so I'm assuming maybe he is a home-schooled kid? He played tag with them, and he said to Caleb "I caught you, you're it!" Caleb would laugh and say "Nope!" and run away. He wasn't playing by the rules, but Shawn & I laughed that he's like his Daddy. He marches to the beat of his own drum. He didn't necessarily care if he was being chased or not, and he had no interest in chasing the other kids. Shawn thought he was hysterical. At the end of their time chasing and playing, I told the boys that they had two minutes left. Joshua said goodbye and asked the child his name. It was Josiah. Joshua told him his name upon request and so did Caleb. They all waved bye like good friends. The boys had had fun!
Here's a random Caleb story from that morning. Shawn had gotten a new deoderant that was free from CVS after extra care bucks. The boys always like to get ready with Daddy in the morning, and he'll let them take his deoderant and pretend to put it on. Daddy told Caleb that morning when he asked about the new color, "Daddy got this deoderant and is using it because it was FREE!" Caleb got very excited! "HEY! That's like me! FREE!" We both cracked up. Caleb meant "three" as in his age, because he often pronounces it with an "f" he assumed we were saying "three" like him. It was seriously cute when we figured out what he meant.
Earlier that week, the buckle on my Chicco stroller broke. I was severely annoyed. I finally figured out that if you call the manufacturer, they give you a whole new 5-point harness free. The headquarters are actually in Greenfield, of all places. The woman seemed genuinely surprised to hear my address when we're so close. So, until then, we bought this little stroller off Craig's List and when Daddy gets the new straps in my old one, we'll sell this one since I like my old one better.
When we got home from the park that afternoon, Joshua asked me, is it summer or spring? It was hard to tell the difference! The flowers and trees were all in full bloom. But, cooler weather was on the horizon, so I knew we needed to enjoy it while we could. We are excited for the arrival of summer, all but the lawn care. :) And the fact that my baby will be a year old already this summer! This year has flown by... So, I'm treasuring each day for whatever it brings. :)

No comments: