Monday, March 5, 2012

The Gift that Keeps On Giving

My sister Jen told us about an auction that was coming up to support the Moms Club at her church. Among the other items being auctioned was a three-month membership to Universal, the gym right down the street that she & her family belong to. We had checked out the open house the previous year, and I had went with her to a group fitness class on Thanksgiving morning. We loved the idea of going but we don't think we could typically afford a monthly membership for our family of five. Originally I was planning on going with her to the auction but on Friday when I was so sick, I called her and told her that I couldn't go. But, I gave her an amount that she could bid for me and I would be willing to pay to get the membership.

I was thrilled when I talked to her the next day and she said it went for much lower than we were expecting. It truly felt like a gift from the Lord as we had been praying about it and hoping to sign up for a few months. With warmer weather just around the corner, a few months of activity for us and the kids would do us a lot of good. We went on Saturday afternoon to get the membership and give Jen the money, and then we headed to the gym to fill out the paperwork necessary to get started. We were both too woozy to work out that day, but we went the following day, and I've been there every day since then.

They have an amazing kids club where the kids get physical activity in a kid-nasium with a ball pit and a rock climbing wall and slides and mazes and all sorts of neat stuff. They also hold little classes for the kids at certain times. The one art one was canceled due to too many fussy babies that morning (including my little Ryan) and the one art one was canceled due to not enough kids signing up for it (there has to be at least five) but they did get to go to a little chefs one on Tuesday night where they made fruit salad together. Ryan is not sure what he thinks of the place, but every time I've gone in, he's usually being held by one of the staff members. So, he's getting well cared for even if he's not thrilled about it. And, I realize that I need time to work out, so it's worth it if he's safe for one hour a day.

We are SO excited to have this opportunity. I've done Jazzercise twice, Jazzercise Circuit once, BodyVive twice, Sh'Bam, BodyFlow and Zumba. I've also run on the track and done some cardio machines with Shawn, and I just had my first appointment where someone shows you how to use the weight equipment. I love that it's right down the street, and the older boys have a lot of fun playing there. I think this weekend we are all EXHAUSTED from a full week of activity, but we're taking advantage of it while we have the opportunity. It's been fun! Now I'm praying we all stay healthy so we can use it for the next three months on a regular basis. :) Thank You, God, for your gifts! And thanks to Aunt Jen for letting us know about it! :) :) :)

No comments: