Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dates

On Saturday, February 24, the boys went up to Reading to play at Nonie & Poppy's house. They had emailed a week or two earlier asking if they could take the boys for a day for us since they hadn't seen them in awhile. We said absolutely! Shawn & I didn't go on a date, but we did go look at some used furniture stores for fun. Then in the afternoon I went shopping with Mom. I didn't buy anything, but we had a fun time looking. :) :) :) That evening, we ate dinner with Nonie & Poppy and picked up the boys. We didn't stay long because we forgot to take the diaper bag with us. Who does that?!?! We were running behind, and Shawn said "I'll take the Schnook to the car while you're getting on your shoes." I assumed he grabbed the diaper bag, too, but I even looked in the closet where I normally keep it just to make sure. It wasn't there, so I figured he had it. I was wrong. He thought I was getting it and didn't think to check when we got in the car. Here, he had taken it inside with us when we had come home that morning, and he put it in the kitchen for some reason rather than away where it goes, so I missed seeing it. WHOOPS! And of course, as luck would have it, Ryan decided to do his business while there, cutting our evening short. Luckily Nonie & Poppy had Cheerios for him to eat, and I gave him some of my cooked carrots. How could we forget the diaper bag? I don't recall ever doing that before. Such is life!
On Sunday, we went to church and then we were discussing what to do in the evening. Caleb's preschool teacher had given him a coupon for a free ice cream cone, and it expired in the near future. I suggested we make a date out of it. Shawn agreed that one-on-one time with the kids is great, so he volunteered to take Ryan with him and Joshua to go pick up a few things at the grocery store while Caleb & I headed to Friendly's. I wasn't even hungry for ice cream, BUT I decided that we should eat-in and enjoy our time together. We colored the place mat, and I told him how much he means to us and our family. There are many times that I fear poor Caleb gets lost in the shuffle - not the wild excitement of his older brother and not the needy baby of his younger brother. But, I told him how special he is and how much we appreciate him. He highly enjoyed his time! But, he refused to smile for the camera and told me no more pictures. So, this is the only one I got on our date. When we left, we got him a blue balloon. He was VERY happy. :)
Monday, February 27, was another beautiful day in PA. We have had such a gorgeous winter! I am SO thankful! I asked Mom if she would be willing to watch the boys for an hour so I could go for a run, and she said it's a date. It was heavenly to be outside and working out. The boys had fun playing outside, too, while I was gone.

Speaking of dates, this leap year there were 29 days in February. I saw on someone's facebook page "we're all working for free today." But, how many times have I asked for "more time?" We had a whole extra day! And, honestly, I can't remember what we did on leap day. :)

No comments: