Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bounce With Me!

My friend Karisten emailed me and told me about another Living Social Deal for That Bounce Place. For $5, you get two hours of bouncing with a free hot dog for lunch. I got two passes, and we scheduled a play date there for Friday, March 2, since Fridays is preschool bounce - only kids 5 and under are bouncing on all the inflatables, which I think is safer than other times when all ages are on there (particularly when I can't be helping/bouncing because I have Ryan with me). Well, we were sicker than a dog on March 2, so we postponed until this past Friday, March 9, when everyone was healthy again. :)
 
The boys and I arrived first, getting there just before it opened at 10. We headed inside and saw Caleb's best friend from preschool, Jason. His Mom came up and talked to me for awhile. They have a daughter Elizabeth who will be starting Kindergarten with Joshua this year at Nitruaer, and she's going to the same registration time as I am. She also talked to me about Jason, who's exactly one month older than Caleb. How they have fun together! She said that Jason is their foster son whose adoption is just going through now. She did a "foster-with-the-intent-to-adopt" from some local organization (wish I could remember the name!) and asked for a two-to-three year old boy. She said she prayed that he wouldn't have been abused, and she then introduced me to Jason's previous foster mom, who was there with two other children. She said that he grew up in a loving foster home, and his mom was young and didn't want to keep him. They still get together with his old foster family since they were a big part of his life growing up until this point. She also said he's done really well adjusting to their family and they feel really blessed. Shawn & I talked about adoption for a long time that night. Maybe in the future? You never know what God has planned! At any rate, it was a very interesting conversation.
Meanwhile the boys were having fun bouncing on all the inflatables. Their favorite is the big slide, but I can never get a good picture coming down because it goes so fast. Here's the Bean in front of the slide.
Karisten, Kyler, Sophi and little baby Ethan arrived 15 minutes or so later, and they all started having fun. The boys love to play with Kyler and Sophi was having a blast as well! The babies did great in the stroller as we chatted and caught up on life. We even got to discuss some fun things; for example, she asked what I thought on why Jacob had to wrestle with God in Genesis. I love talking about the Bible, so it was a really fun morning!
Their family usually eats pretty early, so they headed over to get lunch around 11ish and we joined them. The kids each got a free hot dog and I got them some chips and juice boxes to go with it. They didn't have anything else ready yet for lunch, so I didn't get anything, but that worked out just as well since Caleb only wanted a bit or two of his hot dog roll and then he left to go play more, so I ate the rest of his while Joshua feasted on the Dorito 'chips' and his hot dog roll and a few bites of hot dog. After lunch, we asked the kids if we could try to get a group shot of them. It was pretty busy at this point, so most of my "good" pictures had people walking in front of the kiddos. This was the best one of the entire group.
Ryan and Ethan bonded in their strollers as they took a morning nap there.
On their last slide down before noon, Joshua decided to go down on his belly, and his shirt came up, giving him a pretty nasty brush burn. While part of me wanted to tell him that he knows better than to go down on his belly, I realized he had already received his punishment. I know how bad those things hurt! Poor little man! I don't think he'll do it again. :(
We headed out when our time ended and bid our friends farewell. It had been a fun morning! We had a lot of plans the rest of the day, so I knew I wanted to get the boys home to take their naps. But, first I stopped at the grocery store, which I always hate to do with all three kids. Shawn had to work late that Friday night, and I decided it would be fun to make homemade pizza with the boys. But, I needed the rest of the ingredients. So, the older two sat in the front of a car cart and Ryan sat up in the seat close to me. I wasn't there long, but I managed to get everything on my list without the older two killing each other from honking the other one's horn or trying to steer the other steering wheel. I knew they were done! We got home, I gave them a snack (since neither had eaten much there), and they went down for naps. More on our fun evening together to come...
 Thanks for bouncing with us, friends!

No comments: