Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Lil' Swimmers

We had several HOT and humid days in a row here. Memorial Day Monday was extremely hot, as was Tuesday and Wednesday. On Tuesday morning, my plan was to take the boys out early so that we could be in once the heat really hit. But, even taking our walk at 8 am, it was already well into the 80s. We came back and played a little, then I decided to call Mamaw to see if she was available to swim. She said yes, if we came right away since she had plans that afternoon. We picked her up, and she brought along her noodles for the boys. Joshua did great swimming with his. He can also stand at the area where it's 3 feet now. I see a big difference in him from last year. Caleb was timid getting in this year (which surprised me!) but ti didn't take him long to warm up to the idea of swimming.
We had so much fun Tuesday that I called again on Wednesday to see if we could come back since it was another scorcher. She said yes, and the boys had a blast swimming. Caleb loves to jump in (as long as someone is there to catch him) and Joshua swims from one set of steps to the other on his fun noodle. When he gets to where the pull is pumping out water, though, it tends to push him back. I tell him to 'kick, kick, kick' with his legs to fight the current. The water felt heavenly. And, I'm not about to complain about it being hot. At least it's finally sunny and nice outside! We left the pool at lunch time, and Mamaw graciously offered to feed us at her house. We had fun swimming! Daddy bought a little pool for the kiddos that was on sale Memorial Day weekend, but at this point we'll probably wait to blow it up and fill it up until after we get back from the hospital.

By Thursday, June 2, the temperatures were just barely hitting the 80s with a gorgeous breeze and NO humidity, which was much more bearable. I took the boys shopping to Walmart in the morning, then we tried to do a picnic at the park just us but the park was PACKED. I've never seen so many folks at Stoner Park before. So, I called my sister once we had finished our lunch to see if they were home and playing in her backyard by chance (since she has a big slide and swing set and lots of fun toys). She said to come on over, and Joshua & Caleb had fun playing with Dan & John for a couple hours while we watched. Then it was time to come home for naps. I made strawberry shortcake for dinner, and we ate on our back deck after Shawn had finished mowing our yard. It was a BEAUTIFUL day!

No comments: