Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Play Dates & Meals on Wheels


For the past couple weeks, we have been truly blessed by various friends & neighbors bringing us meals. [My mom had bought us food, too, and my sisters both brought us a meal as well! Don't want to leave anyone out! I'm thankful for it all!] The first week I was home, the gals from my Study & Share group brought a meal every other day. It was wonderful, other than feeling a little disheveled when people came (there are days I get to shower and days when I feel like simply getting dressed is an accomplishment!). The second week, I had two friends ask to come hang out and meet the baby in addition to other folks bringing us food. I wasn't sure if I felt up to it, but I decided that the boys would really have fun seeing friends.
With the school right behind our house, we have access to this fantastic play ground in addition to our backyard. Again, when we were house shopping, I didn't realize how cool this feature would be. I am so blessed by it now! I love our yard (even though it still needs work!) and how close we are to everything. I love the running trail close by and all our very sweet neighbors. We have been truly blessed living here, even with all the work we had to do to our house.
On Tuesday, my friend Rebecca came with her three kids. The boys played well together, and her daughter Chloe stayed in her stroller while Ryan stayed in his (these pictures are from the Sunday before - I didn't grab my camera for any play dates. Whoops!). She also brought gold fish for the kids to snack on, and they played some more in our back yard before going home. On Wednesday, my friend Becca came with her daughters Alayna & Kyla. We hadn't seen them for a little while - in fact, I couldn't get over how big Kyla is! And Becca is expecting her first son late July. The boys had fun playing with their friends once again.
Aunt Becky called on Thursday and offered to come help me the following day, which I readily accepted. [Mom also helped me that week by running to the store for milk, etc. THANKS!!!] Becky played games with the boys and taught them to cheer "Go, Becky! Go, Becky! Go, go, go, Becky!" Then when it was Joshua's turn they would sing with their arms in the air "Go, Joshua! Go, Joshua! Go, go, go, Joshua!" And they would laugh and laugh. She also looked at Joshua's new Phonics book & Caleb's new Look-&-Find book from Mamaw with them - they enjoyed their morning with her. That night, Jeff & Ginger from our life group brought a meal to us and stayed for dinner with their little son Jacobi who will be two years old this fall. The older boys showed him their trains and played with their new little friend while we enjoyed chatting with our friends. They didn't stay long, noting that they remember what it was like to come home with a newborn. We enjoyed the visit.
There have been several folks bringing us meals, and I am truly grateful. It is so nice not to have to worry about what to cook. And it makes me appreciate all the people I have in my life - it's nice to have friends & family who care when you aren't feeling the best. While Ryan has been a wonderful addition to the family, bringing him into the world was downright painful. ;-) Now I'm feeling mostly better, but I'm utterly exhausted. Then I feel guilty for feeling that way. I KNOW this is my last baby, and I want to enjoy every second I have to snuggle him, even if it's the middle of the night. I also want to give my older boys my time and attention. I don't want to have to lay down and nap in the afternoons when they do because I know that I need time for cleaning and laundry, too. But, I can't survive on two hours of sleep a night. So, I know that I have to keep working on balance. Please pray that we get into a groove!
That said, all the well wishes, gifts, cards, emails, meals, etc. have been so wonderful and make me feel particularly blessed. Thank you!!!

No comments: