Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More Celebrations!

On New Year's Day (1/1/11 - cool number!) the kids woke us up early, even though they had stayed up late. The boys & I went to Aunt Jen's house to enjoy pork & sauerkraut for a prosperous New Year while Daddy stayed home in hopes of a nap. But, he didn't end up sleeping, I don't think, as I saw that he had adjusted the crib up to its baby height and did some other things around the house. He's such a good husband! The boys enjoyed playing with their cousins, and Joshua was devastated when it was time to go. He was so exhausted, though, that he fell asleep (as did Caleb) in Aunt Jen's driveway as she came out to look at our new ride. They also sent along some pork & sauerkraut with me and I devoured the leftovers the next few days. While I'm not normally a huge fan of sauerkraut (I don't hate it but I wouldn't say I love it), the baby must REALLY like it because I couldn't get enough. I was sad when it was all gone.
Sunday morning we headed up to Berks County for our last Christmas gathering. As we were wrapping our gifts the night before, we realized that two of them hadn't shown up yet - DOH! We hadn't worried about them since we knew we had an extra week for them to arrive, and then lo and behold we forgot until it was too late. So, we'll have to make a special delivery.
We enjoyed a nice big breakfast of scrambled eggs, waffles, grapes & bananas, biscuits & sausage gravy, potatoes and bacon. Everything was delicious. Poor Caleb Luke desperately wanted bacon, too, but we said no as it typically comes back up. Joshua didn't want to eat; he was there to play with his cousins! Once again, they enjoyed hunting down the kitty cat. Soon enough it was time to open gifts. Caleb got some nice trains and tracks (thanks so much!) and Joshua got a little Mac truck with a Lightning inside that he had asked for, along with Ham (or Evil Dr. Porkchop) and Jeremy the Airplane. He also got two new sweaters, one of which he's wearing to school today. I told Joshua to hold up his Ham to show me so I could take a picture, but he thought I said 'hand.' I giggled and took it anyway.
Both boys were still tired from not catching up on their sleep from the holiday weekend, so we left just before 2 pm and once again they passed out in the car before we even hit the street. It was a nice morning, though.

No comments: