Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Classic Parenting Moment

This morning, I was dealing with Caleb's sickness (which I'll post more about in a bit) and Aunt Jen was coming to pick up Joshua. I knew that even though we had been up for a long time, we were going to be pressed for time to get ready. I asked Joshua to please get dressed while I took Caleb's sheets off his bed. He said "No. I want to play." I explained that we needed to keep moving, so he was all done playing if he wanted to go to preschool. I asked him to go to his room and grab his sneakers. Again, his response was "No." Next, I told him to take off his jammies so we could get dressed. He said "No" in his whiny voice. I was done with the No's. I sat him down and said in a very firm voice that we don't say "no" when Mommy asks us to do something. If he said "no" again, he was getting a time out (which he HATES! No toys and no interaction are torture for him!). I ended our talk with "Now, are you going to say 'NO' again?" He looked at me with big eyes and shook his head saying "Nuh-uh." I giggled. Had I set him up for failure or what? Haaaa!!!

No comments: