Saturday, January 8, 2011

Footprints in the Snow

Friday morning, January 7, we woke up to an inch or two of snow on the ground. Joshua wanted to make a snowman, and I told him that there wasn't enough snow to make Frosty. We made a few snowballs and then I asked them who's boot made a larger print, Mama's or there's? Joshua thought the idea of making footprints in the snow was great, so the boys walked all over the yard.
I always think it takes way more time to get them both dressed in their outerwear than it does to enjoy the snow, but it was worth it that day. I have a habit of asking the boys (and Daddy) what their favorite part of the day was, and Joshua said that making footprints in the snow was the most fun for him. I waited until it was a little warmer in the afternoon to take them out, and I think they enjoyed it more that way. They both had on a long-sleeve shirt and a sweater or sweatshirt over top, warm jeans and snow pants, a heavy coat, warm socks, boots, gloves and a hat. Joshua also had his scarf on.
That same afternoon, both boys climbed onto my lap to hear stories. We read bears books and Thomas books and all sorts of stories together. When asked, I said that was the favorite part of my day. I love cuddle time! One of my favorite things is snuggling with a little boy who smells like the syrup from his breakfast. :) :) :)
That night when Daddy came home, we decided to use up the last of our gift card to Joshua's favorite pizza restaurant. I had cooked all week long (spaghetti on Monday night, Chicken & mashed potatoes and a veggie on Tuesday night, Brown Butter noodles & beef with gravy and veggies on Wednesday night, pork & stuffing with a veggie on Thursday night), and I had asked Shawn what sounded good for dinner that night. He suggested we do the pizza restaurant and I wholeheartedly agreed. Joshua said that evening though he was really tired, he was game. :) Both boys ate extremely well. In fact, Caleb had four slices of Alfredo pizza besides some noodles, a bread stick, some peas and a sticky bun!
That week we had watched "Lady & the Tramp" as a family. I had forgotten how cute it was! I loved how Lady called her parents "Darling" and "Jim Dear." The boys loved it, especially with the puppies.
Friday night I gave Caleb Luke a quick bath - Joshua said he'd rather go straight to bed than take a bath, and Daddy agreed to wait until the next night. Then I read them a story (since the Bean was still awake), we did our typical bedtime routine of cuddling with them, singing and saying prayers, and then Daddy & I went downstairs to enjoy a movie since the boys got to bed in record time. It was a nice day overall!

No comments: