Monday, January 31, 2011

Be Happy!

Caleb has a way of making us smile. His latest phrase that he repeats is "Don't be sad, be happy!" Then he'll flash the biggest cheesiest smile that makes you grin from ear to ear. It reminds me of the song "don't worry, be happy." Truthfully, we were all a little sad this past weekend. Joshua started throwing up Friday night in our brand new mini van. Daddy was a huge help in cleaning up my ride (although I haven't been out to see it yet) while I got the Bean undressed. Then after we bathed the boys, Shawn showered the car-seat and continued to do laundry while I got sick. Joshua continued to carry a bucket around with him the rest of the weekend and didn't get out of his jammies, but he seemed better for the most part. I, on the other hand, didn't fare so well. Caleb & Daddy didn't feel well but never threw up, praise God!

So, after clutching the porcelain all weekend, seeing a little face saying "don't be sad, be happy!" was a good reminder. I have lots to be thankful for, even if I didn't feel well. I was growling that the only day we even left the house was for preschool Tuesday. One day out and we're all sick again! But, at least it was the weekend where Daddy was able to be home with the boys without missing work. And I'm thankful that he's so helpful in general! I love my family, and I'm glad to be feeling better. Mamaw offered to take the boys this morning so I could rest, and I'm also grateful for some time to recoup. I'm trying to rehydrate, but I think I'm on the up swing. Here's to a hopefully healthy and HAPPY rest of this season!

No comments: