Friday, January 21, 2011

Butterflies & Breathing

Saturday January 15 was Uncle Kevin's birthday - hope it was great! That morning we washed the mini van (of course, picking the wrong line and being there for a loooong time!) and around lunch time, I went shopping with Grandma for an hour. There are slim pickins in maternity clothes these days at the mall. That afternoon we celebrated Faith's 7th birthday. I took the boys with me while Shawn stayed home to get work done. Here is a picture of her with her butterfly cake(s) my sister made.
We had gotten Faith a monogrammed towel, which she'll use taking swim lessons this winter. We also signed Joshua up for swim lessons that start the first week of February at the Manheim Township High School. I hope that he enjoys them!
Saturday night, Joshua started having a little runny nose and slight cough. It didn't really concern us... until Sunday. We missed church yet again because his condition worsened overnight. Sunday night into Monday morning, he had a major attack. I could hear his quick breathing in his room as he called for us. I insisted on a breathing treatment, and he was so disoriented by that point that even though he had had one earlier in the day, he couldn't remember what to do. He didn't know where he was or what was going on. It was scary! Eventually, his breathing evened out and he calmed down. Then he told us he was really tired and we tucked him back in bed. I called the doctor's office as soon as they opened the following day...

No comments: