Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Makes Me Wanna STAMP!

Long time, no post. We've been busy with sickness, unfortunately. But, I'll start where I left off. Friday morning (January 14), we were all healthy and started out our day in the typical fashion, which is getting dressed followed by breakfast. Breakfast that morning was the kids' favorite - waffles. They're quick and easy, and the kids think they're downright delicious to eat like toast (another favorite of theirs). I always ask if they're a hungry-bungry. Lately, I've heard Caleb repeat the expression, along with 'tired-bired.' So cute! You don't even realize the things that you say on a regular basis until you hear little mouths repeating them. I love to hear that he's a hungry bungry or tired bired.
After breakfast, I got out another craft that we had gotten the boys for Christmas. They each got a stamper set; one was Mickey Mouse, the other Cars. Joshua chose the Cars theme, and Caleb was happy to have Mickey's gang. The sets came with sheets of paper, stickers, three stampers and an ink pad. The kids highly enjoyed the activity. Bad mama moment - when we were done, I threw the stampers away (who wants a container of ink laying around?). Joshua asked for it later and was devastated that I didn't have them anymore. DOH!
Another funny game the boys started playing together is one will say something they're going to do. Typically it's something they know they're not supposed to do. For example, one will say "I'll pinch you really hard" and the other will immediately reply with "you better no-ot" (in a chorus-y little voice) and the the first will respond "oh, yes, I wi-ill" in the same chorus-y voice. They laugh and laugh and then the other one starts it so each one gets to play the role. I giggle at their silliness. Neither of them has any intention of doing whatever they say they're going to - they just want to play this little game.
Both of them have been climbing and jumping off things. Oh, how I miss warm weather where we could get out our energy doing productive things! I'm worried that they'll hurt themselves.
Here's Caleb Luke enjoying the stamp activity. Enjoy the pictures from that morning!

No comments: