Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Ring-Ring Brothers

On Monday, December 13, Joshua woke up wheezing and we immediately gave him a breathing treatment. I also felt like I had a cold, and once again I was vomiting uncontrollably. But, I didn't want to give anyone our colds right before Christmas, so I didn't call for reinforcements. Instead, we did our best to make it through the day. We played Joshua's new Toy Story 3 Dominoes game, and both boys really seemed to understand the concept for the most part (I still helped). They both highly enjoy playing games. We also watched some TV, and the boys painted their new water color Rudolph pages from Aunt Erica.
That night, we were going to see Santa at the Manheim Township Public Library, but because we were feeling under the weather, we decided against going. All three of us took long naps that afternoon and went to bed early that night. Based on the previous day, we decided against sending the Bean to preschool on Tuesday since that's their gym day. He seemed better that day, though, and other than my cold I was starting to feel half human again. We were glad to play inside, though, since the temperature has been below normal.
One thing the boys did that day that made me giggle was both grab a play phone. Joshua went "beep, bop, boop, bo" (the noises one makes when dialing, evidently) and then said "RING RING!" Then he said, "Pick up, Caleb." Caleb pushed the fake buttons on his phone "beep, bop, bope, boo" and answered "hello?" Joshua said "Hi! How was your Thanksgiving?" (How cute is that?!?!) Caleb instead responded with what we were doing at the time, "Mommy is helping me with my socks." Joshua said, "No, no, how was your Thanksgiving?" Caleb said "bye bye!" They continued to play phone for a little while as I laughed and laughed at their silliness. :)
Another thing Joshua said recently made me laugh. We were having a tickling game, and both boys were rolling with laughter. I'd say "I'm going to tickle your belly!" as I'd tickle them and they'd laugh. Then Joshua said to me, "Mommy, I'll tickle your...baby! I think she'll laugh." :)

No comments: