Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Jesus' Birthday Party

 
Thursday, December 16, was Joshua's last day of preschool for 2010 (it was also my last day of school with finals that night). For the last day of school, the teacher was having a birthday party for Jesus. Joshua told me that morning that Jesus was coming to his preschool to blow out birthday cake candles. I explained that they probably wouldn't have a cake with candles since it would be a fire hazard at the school, but how cute is the thought?

I got the boys dressed in their new outfits from Mamaw & Papaw. Joshua was wearing his navy blue pants with a white collared shirt and navy blue argyle sweater, and Caleb was wearing his navy blue sweater with his new corduroy pants. As we entered the building, Caleb stopped (normally he runs ahead of us if he lets go of my hand). He cried out, "My pants!" and I looked to see that his pants had fallen to his ankles. Looks like he'll grow into those - while they were fine at the house, when he ran they came tumbling down. I smiled at the sight, and he was fine when I pulled them up and we continued to walk to Joshua's class. 

The Bean had a fantastic morning at school. One little girl gave the children a gift bag with colored pencils and candy in it, and he received a book from his teacher. He also had a little craft that he had made for me as a gift (which I'll have to take a picture of another time - in fact, the picture above is from the Gingerbread house [or graham cracker shack] that he made two weeks before).
When we left preschool that day, we met my friend Becca (pictured above with her children, mom and grandfather - which I borrowed from her facebook site) and her kids at McDonald's on the Manheim Pike for a lunch/play date. Becca & I met at Study 'n Share, and she has three children: Noah, who just turned five and is going to Calvary also; Josiah, who is two months younger than Caleb; and Chloe, who just turned eight months old. It was great getting to know her better as the kids played. I also ran into a gal from MOPS there. We all had a lot of fun. Even though I had my camera with me, I never got a picture as all the kids were running and climbing and playing.

It was a great way to celebrate the end of school for the season. Happy birthday, Jesus!

No comments: