Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy 29-month birthday, Caleb Luke!

Caleb's 29-month birthday was Wednesday, December 8. That morning, I had dug out their hats, gloves and scarves, and I thought he looked adorable in his, so I had to snap a few pictures before we left that day (unfortunately, he would NOT smile for the camera even though he enjoyed his new 'look').
Caleb officially knows how to spell his name and Joshua's. He also knows the sounds to the letters and can guess that start with those letters if you give him one (for example, if you say "U" he might say "Umbrella"). He can still fit some 2T pants but for the most part, I have all the 3T items out and in his dresser. One thing I notice about him is his big feet. They continue to amaze me as they grow!

Caleb's favorite movie right now is "Frosty the Snowman" and he asks to watch it all the time. When we do actually get to watch a movie as a family, he often dances when music comes on and then loses interest to go and play with toys or trains. But, he will sit still for frosty. Something about that snowman intrigues him!
A new favorite 'game' that Caleb likes to play is "hide." I started it with hiding under the covers when I was tucking him in at nap time. So, we'll play it fairly often now, but Daddy reminded him that we only hide together, never apart. (Good thinking, Daddy!) Caleb likes to run when given the chance and the last thing we'd want is for him to run and hide when we're out and about. But, so far, we haven't had that problem (and pray that we don't!). Caleb still likes his freedom when we're walking, but more and more he wants held. And he's getting heavier by the day! But, I love to snuggle and know that this passes all too soon.
Caleb loves to sing with us at night, and he likes to lead it at times. He also loves to snuggle and asks both Mommy & Daddy to take turns laying with him. When we do, he cups our cheeks in his hands and says the cutest things like "I love you." He is such a sweetie pie! We are so thankful to have Caleb Luke in our lives. He is a great little brother to the Bean, and I'm sure he'll make a good big brother, too, when the time comes. Happy 29th-birthday, my Bluke!

No comments: