Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas!

The boys came barreling into our room just after 6 am. They told us that they slept in their beds all night and even though they heard Santa, they didn't go downstairs. I have no doubt that Joshua waited until the sun came up to come get us, just to make sure it was officially morning. I'm teaching him how to tell time, but we haven't put an actual clock in his room yet. But, when the sun is up, coming over is fair game. They were SO excited to see if Santa had left them gifts.
So, they went downstairs and while the tree had nothing under it when they went to bed, they saw all the presents and were extremely pleased. Then they check to see if the cookies and milk were gone, and sure enough, there was an empty plate and glass waiting for them!
So, we let them open gifts, one at a time. Here's Caleb unwrapping one of his. Off the top of my head, he received a gigantic set of Mr. Potato Head pieces, a set of tools, a little zhu-zhu hamster named Drako, a remote-control car, a snow globe that his picture goes into, a new Connex set, a set of puzzles, some different craft activities, and a Cars wallet. I'm sure I'm missing some things, but these are the "highlights."
I can tell these pictures are out of order, but here's the Bean opening one of his gifts. He received a Jessie doll, a Dora Leapster game, a craft suitcase that includes colored pencils (something he's been enjoying lately), a big Mac truck (since he begged and begged Santa to get him one, we knew that he'd be disappointed without it Christmas morning! And he was thrilled!), a Toy Story Memory game, the same types of crafts that Caleb received, a Cars wallet and more that I'm not remembering.
When Joshua opened his wallet, he exclaimed "Look! This is the best wallet EVER!" I laughed and snapped a picture of him with a very-tired-looking Daddy. He was all smiles, though. Our boys are just amazing to us!
I think this wallet that we picked up at the dollar store was one of Caleb's favorite gifts. I gave them each a dollar to stick in it, and Caleb carried his around all day, asking us to put it in and take it out of his pocket. He loves watching Daddy with his wallet, and he was extremely excited to have his own!
We were going to wait for Joshua's beloved Mac for the end of the presents time, but Joshua kept asking at each gift he opened whether or not Santa remembered. Finally, we decided to give it to him. He was ecstatic! Daddy opened it and put batteries in right away so he could play with it.
Caleb, in the meantime, LOVED opening gifts this year. He tore off the wrapping paper and was anxious to see what was inside. It didn't matter what it was, he would say "Oh wow! Look at that!" He highly enjoyed the opening portion of the morning. Here he is looking at the poster and markers set we had gotten for each of them (which we colored later that week).
And Caleb also enjoyed his little remote-control car. I didn't get a picture of them opening all of it since I opened my gifts from Daddy & the boys and Daddy opened his gifts from me & the boys. Among my favorites included a couple new bath towels that match our new ones, a gift card to my favorite restaurant, a yoga for pregnancy DVD and a new ice scraper with mitt. :)
Joshua LOVES his Memory game. In fact, later that week he said "Where is my Memory? Where is my Memory?" and I couldn't stop laughing. I knew he meant his game, and yet it sounded so like how I feel some days! We've played Memory fairly often since then, and I'm surprised how well Joshua understands the game and remembers where the cards are. I can tell he's growing!
After we were done opening presents, I made cinnabons which we enjoyed with milk. Then we got dressed up and headed to Grandma's house. After discussing back and forth for awhile, it seemed that Christmas lunch worked out the best for the schedule of all parties involved. We arrived first and my sisters and their families arrived not terribly long thereafter. In the meantime, I snapped this picture of Grandma & the boys. It was the one and only picture I took while we were there. As soon as the other girls arrived, we started opening gifts. Joshua got a new 'dancing' truck that he just loves as well as a new big boy bike, stickers with his name on it, and many other nice things. Caleb received a new laptop computer (the kiddo-variety), a Curious George coloring book, letters for his big boy room and many other great gifts. We had already received our rocker recliner, but she also got us both a pair of shoes (and I LOVE my new Walking Cradles - thanks Mom!) and some serving dishes and most everything off of Shawn's wish list. :) After we were done with gifts, we enjoyed a nice lunch including sandwiches, fresh fruit, veggies, shrimp, munchies, cheesecake and more!
The boys played for awhile but soon it was time to go home. After they were done napping, we played most of the rest of the evening away. We also relaxed and watched some episodes of the first season of Modern Family (one of Shawn's gifts). It was a nice day all around. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: