Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Hot Date on a Cold Night


From the talk on Tuesday at MOPS on men needing to live an adventure, I decided to plan a special date for my hubby. I contacted the babysitter to see if she was available, and she agreed to come. She arrived promptly at 5:30 on Friday night, and Shawn arrived with fast food for the kiddos and a milkshake for her (we offered to buy her some dinner, but she said no thanks.) We figured something quick and easy would be good since last time she accidentally burnt her hand taking dinner out of the oven.

Next, I got the gift certificate my Dad gave us for $25 to Arthur's Restaurant and made reservations. The restaurant was lovely. We sat in the lower level overlooking the middle courtyard, where the Christmas lights were hung and the fountains were going. Friday & Saturday nights are a special Prime Rib buffet, and while the restaurant is extremely pricey, the food was really good. Shawn ordered a chicken dish that he thought was amazing. All dinner entrees come with the soup and salad bar and dessert bar. The soup & salad was the best part, I thought. Everything was extremely fresh and there was lots to choose from. My personal favorite was the crab bisque soup - so delicious on a cold night. We gazed into each other's eyes over the candlelit table and talked. My husband looked particularly handsome that night. :) Even with the gift certificate, our meal was still somewhat expensive, but it was nice to try somewhere new and Shawn said he'd go back again sometime.

After dinner was over, I planned for us to see the 7:05 pm show of "The Blind Side" at Penn Cinema. I couldn't believe movie tickets are now $9 each! We haven't been out to see a movie in the theater for a long time! But, we both loved the movie and would highly recommend it. It made me think about adopting again and how important it is to open your home to people in need. And while I don't love football like Shawn does, the movie was still great. And it showed the 2009 NFL Draft Pick where Michael Oher was drafted. We were both extremely impressed by the movie. When we got home, Miranda had already put Joshua in bed and was rocking Caleb (we LOVE her!). She said that the night had gone really well, and both boys were really good. She even said "easier than normal." I was glad.

It felt strange to be gone that long without the kids, but I realize that we need time out alone. Shawn especially does, I think. We both had a great time. I'm very blessed!

No comments: