Friday, December 4, 2009

Black Friday



Since I was feeling better when Mom came, I made the executive decision that we were going shopping the morning of Black Friday. This is a tradition Shawn & I have had since we were dating, and I look forward to it every year. Thankfully, Shawn had off work already and Mom was willing to come to our house to watch our boys. She arrived around 6 am and we were out the door shortly thereafter. Our first stop was Walmart, where we bought some PJ's for Caleb and a couple other little sale items like matchbox cars (which the boys love). We also bought a stupid, tiny Christmas tree that we ended up returning. We bought less than half of what was on our list for two reasons: 1) We assumed they were sold out and 2) We were anxious to keep moving.

Our next stop was CVS for their deals and then on to Walgreens. By then we were starving and made a pit-stop for some breakfast sandwiches before heading Toys 'R Us. My mom had asked us to pick up a bicycle for Joshua that was a Thomas one and we were lucky enough to find one! They tried to tack on an extra $10, which I didn't stand for. After lots of 'discussion' and them going back and forth, they waived the $10 fee and we had the price that was advertised for the bike. We also got a new Wii game there, and some Mr. Potato Heads for Caleb since he loves to play with them as much as Joshua and it seems like there's never enough. We also looked for a couple Thomas items for the Bean, but they were already sold out.

Next we went to the mall. I bought Shawn a new prepaid cell phone since he loses his all the time, and I got a pair of designer cloves lined in cashmere for $10. Shawn bought a pair of jeans that with all the sales came down to under $20 and I got a $10 sweater. We bought a few other Christmas items and then we were starting to get tired (since neither of us had slept much the night before). We were having a great time together, though. I LOVE my husband! We always have fun.

We got home, and my mom agreed to come with me to check out Old Navy, which was having some sales. I bought a new pair of jeans for $15, a fleece for $5 and two sweaters that were cheap. Losing weight has been great (glory to God alone!) but I don't have much in my closet that fits anymore.

When I got home, I called the doctor's office, figuring I shouldn't wait for the next gall bladder attack in the middle of the night to get checked out. They got me right in that afternoon. So, I took a quick nap and then started grading paper after paper from my sales class. The doctor told me to get an ultrasound that following Monday to check out the gall bladder.

After I got home, we started decorating the house, which I love to do. I love Black Friday.

No comments: