Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Pictures

I had called 'Picture People' awhile back and the first they could get us in was Tuesday, December 8, or the night before my surgery. I said we'd take it. Shawn met us at the mall right after work to get our family pictures taken. I wasn't at all impressed by the daffy gal taking the pictures, but we got a couple okay ones and didn't spend any money since they're having a special right now where you take in an unopened toy for "Toys for Tots" and you get two free 8 x 10's plus I had another coupon for a free 8 x 10. So we got three free pictures, including my favorite one of the boys below.

There were a few other cute ones, including this one below of them playing with the present and giggling.


I thought both of their expressions were priceless in this photo as well.
 
Joshua was really hugging Caleb here - he's such a good big brother! And Caleb's chewing away on his fingers, as he has been for the past few days (I think another tooth is coming in).
 
The girl gave them a Christmas ball to play with, which they both liked!
 
Then we said "where's your back?" to get Caleb's hands out of his mouth.
 
I was disappointed none of the family pictures turned out well, which was the whole point of going in that night and literally wasting our last 'good' night together before surgery.
 
I liked the ones of us laying down, but he couldn't crop the bar out of them and make the picture work with the sizing.


 

The boys wanted to run around afterward, which kept Daddy busy. There was a Santa there to entertain the boys, and Joshua kept running up to him to talk to him about the trains he wanted. So cute!


After we were done, Grandpa Georgia came over and brought a sub with him for me for supper (meanwhile, Shawn had grabbed fast food for him and the kids, which I really couldn't eat with my current digestive issues). Dad had surprised us the other night as I was grading papers. Literally, the doorbell rang and we were all in our PJ's and there he was on our front porch. And, he announced that he got an apartment up here and is planning on spending half the year up here and half the year in GA. I think he's lonely and missing the grandkids. So, he found a cheap little apartment that includes all his utilities including heat and electricity and he doesn't have to worry about the upkeep of the place. He can show up when he wants to and stay as long as he'd like to. He's really excited. I think we'll enjoy having him here. After he left, we tucked the boys in bed and went to bed ourselves, knowing that we had to get to surgery first thing the next morning for me.

No comments: