Wednesday, April 20, 2011

An Ugly Day

Wednesday, April 13, was a cold, rainy, ugly day. I had volunteered to help with "Transportation Days" at Joshua's preschool since they needed helpers, and Mamaw had come to watch Caleb. I sort of assumed (incorrectly) that with the nasty weather it would have been canceled or postponed. When I got there, however, it was simply modified since vehicles like the helicopter could no longer come. I was stationed outside by the RV, pop-up camper and handicap van. It was COLD! And damp and ugly. And the kids didn't seem all that interested since they were also cold. Last year, it had been beautiful and the kids really enjoyed it. This year... well, it was what it was.

After I got home, between the lousy weather and a phone call I received, I started to cry. Then Caleb burst into tears and said "I'm sorry I made you sad, Mama!" That made me really bawl. What a sorry sight! I simply held and rocked him and told him that he makes me happy, not sad. But, with the tears still flowing from both of us, I thought we probably looked pretty silly. He has such a sweet little heart! We cuddled the rest of the morning together in my rocking chair.

Joshua had his extended day at preschool that day, so Caleb & I ate lunch at our house and then went to get him. My little 'Bluke was SO tired by 1:30 but we finally picked up big brother Joshua who had really enjoyed riding his bike in the gym that morning (since they couldn't be outside).

They both took nice naps, and Daddy said he'd treat us out to dinner (using a coupon and a gift card) since we had had a rough day. Here's to better days in the future!

No comments: