Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Park Date

On Thursday, April 14, I had a doctor's appointment for baby. So, after I dropped Joshua off at preschool, I headed to Lancaster Physicians for Women. And while they've been great in the past, I have to say that almost every appointment I've had for this baby, I've been given the excuse that they're in surgery or overbooked or busy and I'm going to have to wait. This time, after being there 15 minutes with my well-behaved Caleb Luke, one of the sweetest old nurses came out and said that the doctor was still in surgery and we could expect to be there at least another half an hour; we were given the option of waiting or rescheduling. Now, to reschedule at this point, I feel like I'd almost be bumping into my next appointment, so I asked her if she thought I'd be out of there by 11:10, when I needed to leave to pick up my oldest son at preschool. She said yes. Then she came back a few minutes later and called my name and another waiting patient and said that we could see Dr. Jones instead. I was glad. Dr. Jones was about to enter the room (I'm guessing) when Caleb announces that he MUST go potty. So, I took our fold-up potty seat and walked out the door, almost bumping into her as I asked where the bathrooms were. By the time we came back in, she was waiting for me, but seemed very understanding about a little guy's need for the potty since she has three little boys herself (the youngest of which was due at the same time as Joshua). The baby's heartbeat sounds fine, my blood pressure looks good, and they'll see me back soon. She quickly left, and so did we.
When Caleb & I left, we went home to grab the lunch that I had packed for the boys and me. Then we headed to preschool to pick up the Bean. From there, we headed to Rapho Township Park to meet Kelley and her son Lincoln and Kristen and her son Elliott and daughter Charlotte. Kelley & Kristen and I had all worked together at the ad agency before we each left to give birth to our firstborn sons. The weather was windy and chilly while we were eating but got warmer as we went to play at the playground in the sunshine.
Lincoln just turned a year old and isn't walking yet, so Kelley had some freedom to walk around as our kids played. My boys, on the other hand, went running for whatever looked good to them at the time. So, that kept me moving too. Kristen's kids are the same ages as mine (in fact, each are one month older) so she followed her little ones. It was fun to catch up for the little time we were able to spend together. When we were there, both my little guys had to go potty, so we walked through the muddy field to get to the bathrooms, which I was thankful were there.
It was great to be in sunshine and out with friends! But soon enough it was time to head home for naps. Thanks for the invite, friends! We'll have to do it again sometime soon!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We go to Rapho all the time! The next time you girls get together, give us a call-we'd love to join you. :)