Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happy 33 Months, Caleb Luke!

On Friday, April 8, Caleb Luke turned 33 months old. Lately, he LOVES to have his 'bellies and legs out' (meaning he likes to be naked other than big boy undies). You can see him pulling his shirt up over his head in these pictures just to be silly!
That morning, Daddy had stayed home from work sick, but he was still working. So, I called Grandpa Georgia to see if he'd like to join the boys and me for breakfast to let Daddy have some peace and quiet. He agreed. While he enjoys going to Willow Street, I suggested Oregon Dairy just because it's close and it was getting late (i.e. we were HUNGRY!). So, we had a nice time there. I didn't realize before I left that I had put Caleb in big boy underwear and got him dressed, and we went out with no pull-up. I only realized it as we were leaving, but he did a great job of staying dry and clean, emptying his bladder once we got home into our little potty. I was SO glad! And I couldn't believe my own forgetfulness. Where is my brain these days? That said, Caleb has been doing relatively well with potty training. He's telling us when he has to do his official business and going on the potty like a champ. But, we've had a few wet accidents (which we were doing great with before) because I think I'm being a little more lax about taking him and making him go at certain time intervals. He'll go when I take him, but he's not always quick to tell me he has to go. The one day he told me but couldn't get his pants down in time. I know that it's all part of the process. But, I'm encouraged by the progress he's making.
We love to hear Caleb's voice - whether it's singing or talking. He has the sweetest softest tone to him, which is so dear to us. While he doesn't always hold a tune, we LOVE to hear him sing from his heart. He likes to sing "this is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it." We often start our mornings out talking about this and singing the song. He also likes to sing night night to everyone. So precious! But, even his talking voice is amazingly sweet. Shawn & I agree it's one of our favorite things about our little Bluke.
The other day, Caleb & I were sitting in an office, and he was coloring on a piece of paper. He said "My name is spelled C-A-L-E-B" and then much to my surprise, he wrote "C-a-L" and asked for help with the 'e' and 'b.' I was shocked that you could actually tell what the first three letters were that he had written by himself! I've tried to get him to write more, but he enjoys doing it together and always asks for my help.
The evening of Caleb's birthday, the boys got out the pillows and blankets in our leather ottoman/coffee table and laid down on the floor to pretend they had made their own special beds. We cracked up at how cute they were. They were having a blast. It always makes me smile to see them making up new games and playing nicely together. They are so close!
One thing Caleb has gotten WAY better at in the last few months is listening as we're walking together. He doesn't always like to hold hands as we go, but he's been obeying when we're in parking lots and not fighting me on it as much. In the hallways at preschool, he's been able to catch on to the "red light, green light" game where I can say "red light" and he stops immediately. When it's safe (or we won't be in someone's way), I say "green light" and he happily keeps moving without having to be connected to me with his arms in the air. He's happy with the freedom, and I feel that he's doing much better with listening so I'm able to give him more.
Caleb seems so big for his age to me, but time will tell if that's accurate or not. I'm anxious to see what the pediatrician will say at his 3-year well-check, which I've scheduled for July. There's always more I could write, like how much he loves puzzles, reading books, look-and-finds, crafts & coloring, but I should run. Happy 33-month birthday, my little man!

No comments: