Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Fantastic Friday

For how awful I felt on Wednesday, Friday (4/15) was looking up. We had scheduled UGI to come clean our HVAC system, and the guys said that everything looked really good. That's always good news (even though the system is only three years old, you never know what you'll hear when it comes to your house!).The day before, we had received some new puzzle books in the mail from Mamaw (thanks!) and the boys enjoyed working on them together while the men were working. Caleb loved the look and finds, and Joshua could do 90% of the activities. Some of them were "put stickers on the picture of the opposing page to make the two match"; others were "put the puzzle piece stickers on the pages to finish the pictures"; while others included tracing a map to get from point A to point B without hitting any 'road blocks,' connect the dots to make a picture, color by number, and count how many of X items were in a picture, etc. We had fun with the books, and here's Joshua posing next to his.

Then our friends showed up to drop off videos for us to preview for life group. After everyone was gone, I called Shawn telling him that I was going to go to the fruit stand near his work because I was craving watermelon, and I know they get things shipped in even though it's out of season. He agreed to join us, and we went to three different stands that were all closed for one reason or another. UGH! But, we still got him lunch (the boys & I had already eaten) and stopped at Giant on the way back through for some things we needed. My friend Renee had called to see if I'd like to borrow her infant car seat, and she also lent me the combination stroller that snaps together with it. She warned me the handle on the car seat doesn't always work, but I'm praying it does for our little guy. While I had a seat, it always stuck and I hated it! I also didn't have the stroller that went with it, so I'm hoping that this is a vast improvement to my experience with my other little ones. Either way, it was really sweet of her to let me borrow them. We picked them up at her house, and I was SO excited! It was also nice to chat with her for the few minutes we were there.

By then it was late enough that it was time to go in for naps, but we may have played outside a little beforehand since it was a nice day. I don't honestly remember now. I had thought ahead and put dinner in the crock pot so when Shawn got home that evening, everything was ready for dinner. We had a nice evening as the boys ate a good bit and so did we. I always enjoy when the boys eat (and enjoy) what I make for supper. We knew we had lots of plans for the following day, so we put the boys to bed at a decent time, excited for the weekend.

No comments: