Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Playdate!

I missed seeing my friend Becca at MOPS on Tuesday. We had already schedule a playdate for Thursday morning, but then when Don & Melanie couldn't make dinner at our house because their little girl was sick (sorry we missed you!), I had lots of food defrosted with only two eaters. I called to see if Becca, Angel & Allayna would like to come for dinner, and they did! Shawn enjoys hanging out with Angel, too, so it's a great match. :) We feasted on quesadillas, rice, salad, tortilla chips and cookies & brownies for dessert that Becca had made. It's always fun getting together with them!Becca & Allayna still came over today for our playdate then. We had a fun time together! Joshua was tired this morning from being up all last night. I think maybe he had a bad dream? He wasn't screaming, he didn't come into our room, but he was bawling! I mean big tears soaking his pillow when I went in to comfort him...no idea why. But, he was up on and off throughout the night.After we watched a few minutes of Elmo (both kids love him...okay, all kids love him!), we headed upstairs to play with Play-doh. Joshua does better with it each time we play with it, but we were soon tired of it and moved onto coloring. Gotta love the purple nose below! And Joshua told me he had a green mustache!After coloring, we headed upstairs to the office for more toy time. I busted out the hats, which were a hit! I love the firefighters! And, my picture of the construction workers didn't turn out too well...such is life!We played some more until it was time for lunch. We munched on PB&J sandwiches, cheese & crackers, blueberries, bananas, raisins & yogurt (we all didn't have all of those things, but we each ate what sounded the best to us). Joshua just loves Allayna, as you can tell by the picture below. Thanks for coming over, friends!

No comments: