Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Close the Door & Lay Down!

"Close the door and lay down" is something you'll hear often at our house....because Shawn & I laugh and laugh at how Joshua says it. There's no mistaking it, but he has a little accent with his bossy command that makes us giggle. It's actually endearing because that means he wants you to tuck him in bed and lay with him for awhile and be his "snuggle buggle." But, Shawn & I now say it to each other because it is just that cute.

Here's the Bean in his new cowboy hat from Missy. He loves to dress up in hats! I have so much to post about the kids, but I realize that time on the computer is time I'm not spending with them...or cleaning my house or doing work for school, etc. Yesterday I 'fasted' from the computer, and I think I'll have to do it more often. It's difficult for me not to check email or blog, but I think it's something I'm going to have to limit. I so want this to be a memory book for the kids, but I also think that it's important to be living in the moment with them.

That said, I'll post one other thing about little Caleb...he's mobile! He's not fast (thank God) but he can kind of creep/army crawl forward a little to get something he wants. He uses his entire body to roll/creep to get something he wants to examine. He can already take apart toys and gets into things...like yesterday when he grabbed Joshua's crayon bucket as we were sitting and coloring. He's so funny!

And Joshua told me that Caleb is his friend. I'm so glad! They really do get along well and love each other. It's fun to watch.

Joshua's favorite song right now is "Love Lockdown" by Kanye West (watching him dance to it is SO funny!) and he also enjoys "Bless the Lord (Son of Man)" by Tye Tribbett & G.A. Last night he showed Daddy how to play pattie cake, and he recently learned the motions to "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart!" We watched the "Elmo Goes Potty" DVD last night, too, and I read him his potty book and we played with the Elmo Potty doll. Hopefully he'll get the hang of it soon!!! Please pray for us and the potty training experience! I'm hoping we get into the full swing of it soon!

No comments: