Tuesday, January 9, 2007

More Movement

On Friday night, my former co-workers came over to our house, since we were the first stop on the Christmas progressive meal. We served h'ors dvoures and everyone got a quick tour of our home. We left from here (while Grandma watched Joshua) and had french onion soup and mad-lib entertainment at Penny's, jello salad with fruit at Kelley's, chicken & potatoes & broccoli at Beth's, and chocolate raspberry cake at Heidi's. It was a nice evening out. The Christmas decorations officially came down over the weekend (since all the MM gang agreed to keep them up long enough for everyone to see them). Shawn were definitely tired of them by now - it's nice to see them come out and nice to see them be put away.

Joshua's sleeping longer and longer in between feedings overnight. It's wonderful! I typically only get up once or twice during my sleep time now. I'm sure soon enough we'll round the corner on him sleeping through the entire night. I think my body is adjusting to it now, too, because I truly am minding less and less when I have to wake up. I fed him even on the weekend so Shawn could get more rest since he's been doing a lot at work with the year-end inventory.

Last night before bed, I was dangling a froggy "peek-a-boo pal" in front of Joshua (well, a little off to the side since the baby book says that babies react better when toys are off to the side) and he took a swing at it! His fist was closed when we started playing, so it looked like he was punching the toy. This is the first time he even acted interested in 'touching' any toys, so we were rejoicing over this new act! However, Shawn and I agreed that it looked a little bit like Joshua was giving the frog a beating. Ha! He's more attentive on his birdie mat, too, and today he started kicking at the side arches when laid in the right position. The toy shuts off if it thinks it's not being used, and the only way to restart it is to have movement (giving it a tap somewhere to say "we're still here.") So, it's interesting to watch Joshua give it a kick when the birdie stops singing and moving and playing music. He seems so smart to me to figure this out already! And, I'm so glad to see him start kicking and moving his hands near toys! Hooray for Joshua!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He must have the "Moore brain":)

Julie Garner said...

Joshua, this is so great!!! What fun you will have with all of your toys once you are interacting with them. You are getting so big!

Heard the party was a lot of fun. I'm so glad they included you in it, Val. That was very sweet.

Keep loving that boy!
Julie