Monday, January 29, 2007

Every Blessing You Pour Out I'll Turn Back to Praise!

Joshua was an amazing little boy this entire weekend. Whatever was causing his fussiness seemed to have passed. Friday I spent the day working on writing projects & preparing for this next extensive class. Meanwhile Joshua played and giggled and smiled the day away right next to me. He also slept quite a bit, which was great since I've been so busy. Then I went to the worship conference Friday night...and you know what the teaching was about? TIME! Stephen Jenks from Eagles Wings was the speaker that night and he said that God gave him a specific word right before he was about to preach. It felt like God was speaking directly to me.

The next day Shawn and I both went to the morning session and took Joshua with us. The person running the A/V equipment that morning is a volunteer firefighter and received an emergency call, so Shawn had to be there. Meanwhile, I was so desperate to worship more and soak in the presence of God that we decided to bundle up the Bean and take him with us for just the worship part. He LOVED the music. However, anytime it stopped, he would start to talk (and worse - he started grunting and going to the bathroom while the pastor was praying!!!). So, after worship was over, Shawn took him home. Shawn said that they had an amazing time together that afternoon - the baby was so happy! I was at the conference for most of the day on Saturday and came home early in the evening because I missed my little family. We watched the STUPIDIST movie of all time, "The Breakup" together that night as we fell asleep.

The three of us went to church again on Sunday because Shawn had to run the A/V equipment, but after worship was over, someone had moved our things and taken our seats, so we left since it was impractical to carry around the baby's carseat, diaper bag, etc. and look for new seating (what is wrong with people anyway? I'm glad we weren't visitors or we would have been completely turned off from church...).

Yesterday afternoon, my mom watched Joshua so Shawn and I could meet Ant, Mike Tangert, and Jen & Ryan for lunch. It was SO great to see them all! We had a wonderful time. I plowed through more work that afternoon while Joshua & Shawn napped, and I purposefully ended it last night and told Shawn that I wanted to spend time together. So, we ended our evening by playing Scrabble together. It was wonderful (especially because I beat him, and he always wins EVERYTHING!). Joshua slept through the night until 5:30 this morning, which was the perfect ending to a great weekend!
A couple of notes on Joshua's progress: he is sprouting new hair! Hallelujah! He also enjoyed a little bit of belly time this morning (normally he screams) and got onto his side but did not flip the whole way over. I don't think it will be long now. He's been playing more as we dangle things in front of him. Lastly, he looked at me and laughed when I asked him if it was still called toe jam when it's in between your fingers as I was cleaning his hands and trimming his nails. He acts like he understands what you're saying already even though I know he's too young. He's so adorable!

No comments: