Sunday, June 9, 2013

Happy birthday to ME!

Wednesday, June 5, was a great day! Shawn surprised me by taking the entire day off work. I LOVED it! First thing in the morning, I went to my favorite Body ATTACK class, and the instructors joked that some of the 'party' songs were for my birthday. :) :) :)
When we picked Joshua up from school later that morning, he had made me this awesome paper flower. Don't you love it?!?!
Shawn had purchased a Groupon for the Sugar Bowl in Millersville. We used to love that sandwich shop when I was a student there, and it was a nice treat to go back and enjoy it when school wasn't in session. The turkey grinder was as good as I remembered it being! And the boys enjoyed the pizza. While we were waiting for our food to come out, we went through each letter of the alphabet as a family and said something we were thankful to God for. It's one of my favorite games to play with the kids, and they were very involved that day. We finished it in the car on the way home. :)
Since we were close to Mom's house, we stopped in on our way back through. She had said she had a gift for me and wanted to see me on my birthday, so the timing worked out great. She had a beautiful green rain coat for me that I had seen at a workout store when we were shopping and loved. I've worn it several times since then (it's been rainy!) and it's fantastic for not making you feel too hot but providing relief from the wetness outside. With its bright color, I've gotten several compliments on it. Thanks, Mom, for the gifts!!! :) :) :)


We hung out the rest of the day. I don't remember now exactly all of what we did, but I just remember it being fun. Shawn had a few surprises up his sleeve for me, and the boys got me my favorite Peanut Butter M&M's, which I LOVE!
Later I got ready to go to dinner. Shawn made reservations at the Pressroom in Lancaster (where we ate on my 30th birthday) and we got the same table right in front of the waterfall.

Going out to dinner gave me the opportunity to wear a new dress that my Mom had given to me out of her closet as something she no longer wears. I thought it was a nice dress and was excited to have something to wear out! Thanks, Mom!
Ever since I was little, we always took pictures on our birthday, so this year was no exception.
When our babysitter Miranda arrived, I asked her to take a couple shots of Shawn & me before we left. I love him! :) :) :)
The atmosphere of this restaurant was great. But, unfortunately, my food was burnt to a crisp and our service this time was terrible. Oh well! The company was fantastic! 
 Shawn tried to take a picture of me by the waterfall to show how close we were. :)
As we were walking into the city from the parking garage, a guy stopped me and said that my dress was gorgeous. He smelled like alcohol and had a circle of friends behind him, so I'm guessing he was drunk but it was super nice of him to say how nice  I looked.
We left there and got frozen yogurt at Sweet Frog for dessert, sitting outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. If I'm remembering correctly, we watched an episode of "Justified" before going to bed that night. It had been a really beautiful and fun day with the family. I am thrilled to have such an incredible husband who took off work just to celebrate with me. I feel blessed beyond measure!

No comments: