Monday, June 24, 2013

Fun Craft Catchup

We had gotten the boys each a book to write their own story. I recommended the theme of "My Fun Summer." Here are the boys starting their books... I'll post more when the books are finished.
At preschool, Caleb had seen these drawings of kids that were 'life size' and painted. I told him we could do that at home. But, then I kept putting it off or forgetting about it. Finally I got out the big roll of paper and stretched it across our kitchen floor to trace the three boys.
After each child was traced, I took some various paints and brushes to the back porch to let them paint there.
Ryan was starting to bug his big brothers by wanting to color their people rather than his own self-portrait, so eventually I took him inside, much to his dismay.
 But the older boys painted and painted!
 When they were finished, we let them dry.
Then we cleaned up all the paint off the back porch floor (thankfully it was washable), cleaned the brushes and threw away the leftover paint cups.
 Here were their finished products:
 Both of them made themselves "Superheroes" in honor of Caleb's upcoming birthday party...



No comments: