Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Happy 81-months, Joshua!

On Tuesday, June 18, Joshua turned 81-months old. He was officially a kindergarten graduate at that point. His last day of school was Thursday, June 13. Here he was leaving school. That morning was a TERRIBLE thunderstorm complete with lightning and heavy rains, so I drove him to school rather than walking his last day. But, the rain was finished by the time it was time to go get him (which was really early at 10:15 that morning). We were supposed to have a play date with friends, but they couldn't make it at the last minute. So, I promised Joshua that we could get his favorite Little Caesar's for lunch. We first went to Walmart to get a few things because pizza shops don't open until 11 am. :) :) :) And he wanted it right away!
I cried when picking him up. He looked so big! And he's going to be gone all day next year - his school literally doesn't let out until almost 4 pm. :( :( :( But, he happily reminded me that we have all summer together. Yes, indeed! Let's enjoy our time together! The day before he had given me this plant that he and his classmates had signed. It had beautiful flowers at first, but it obviously has since died. It said thank you for helping in the classroom.

When I had walked him to school earlier that week, a woman stopped me and told me she reads this blog. SMALL WORLD! She had stumbled upon it, she explained, when looking for info about NICU babies. And she said she enjoys the stories of the kids. It was very sweet. :)
T-ball ended the week before, and his coach Mike said that Joshua had done a great job this season and was definitely ready to move on to 'coach pitch' where he was sure he'd do well. It was a nice email.
After school had ended, I told Joshua he couldn't play electronics one day until he did some school activities. He agreed (reluctantly). He finished his entire June math calendar and easily read me ALL the first grade sight words, along with a couple other activities before I let him go. He does the work with ease, but he's not as interested in doing it if there are other things to do that seem more fun.
Joshua's two top front teeth are really coming in. The one is pretty well the whole way down, and the other one has poked through his gums. Again, it makes him look so old to me!

The day before his 'birthday' he started swim lessons. He quickly and easily put his face in the water and head the whole way under. He is doing really well with it, which I will post about separately.

Happy 81-month birthday, Joshua!

No comments: