Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Happy 77-months, Joshua!

Joshua turned 77-months old on Monday, February 18. He didn't have school that day for President's Day. But, he begs to go to Universal to play, get stronger and be with his friends, so we did get there in the morning.
Joshua easily makes friends, and I love that he is outgoing. He is also boisterous, which can get him into trouble if he's not careful. Speaking of trouble, he "clipped down" at school for the first time this past month. He said he was excited and ran to the carpet, but you're not allowed to run so he clipped down. He was DEVASTATED! He told me about it right when I picked him up, and he hung his head low. While I told him I was disappointed that he clipped down, I did encourage him that I was glad that he told me about it. And I was glad that he was disappointed in himself. He will have to work on self-control, but I know he can do better next time. He agreed that he would work on it. He's such a good kid, and I'm glad he takes punishment seriously. Just having his teacher scold him was enough to ruin his day!

Joshua is reading well these days, and he even raises his voice when there's a question mark. His handwriting is also improving with time. His math is becoming more challenging, but he's still doing well with it. I'm glad to see that he enjoys school. He also enjoys physical activity, and his favorite class in school is phys. ed. That was my worst, so I'm glad to see that he enjoys it! Next he says he likes music, which sounds more like me. :)

Shawn has taught Joshua how to read food labels, so he's constantly telling me how many grams of protein are in a food he wants to eat. Shawn explained that eating protein will build his muscles, so if he wants to be strong like Daddy, he'll need to eat lots of it. He also explained that calcium is good for strong bones, and we don't want too many grams of sugar in our foods. I love watching Joshua examine food labels. I hope he makes healthy choices while he's young! He also will go to Ninjas to try and get stronger in hopes of beating Daddy at wrestling (which Shawn allows them to pin him as they playfully "wrestle" at night).

Joshua IS growing taller. His size 6 jeans are getting too short, and I sometimes confuse his socks with mine (which blows my mind). His feet are getting bigger! He's outgrown his preschool backpack that he struggles to get over his big winter coat, and even his coat is becoming small. We think of him as this really big kid, but then when he takes off his shirt, we can see every bone in his skinny little ribs.
Joshua lost another tooth this past week while Shawn was on his business trip. He wrote his own letter to the tooth fairy without me spelling any of it. I loved it! And the tooth fairy gave him a dollar that night and threw the tooth in the trash (shhh! don't tell!).

The Bean keeps asking when we'll get to Florida again. I'm hoping we get to go this Spring, I tell him. He's excited! Most likely he'll have to miss a little school, but he's keeping up well that I don't think that should be a problem.

There's much more I could say and write about my sweet little boy - like how much I enjoy snuggle time before bed and kisses before school that I know might eventually end. But, I must run! Happy 77-month birthday, Joshua Douglas!

No comments: