Saturday, January 5, 2013

Lancaster Science Factory


Over the summer, I signed up on the waiting list for some of the museum passes the Lancaster Library offers. I got an email on Friday saying that the one for the Lancaster Science Factory was finally ready for pick-up! So, this morning after we went to Universal as a family, we picked up the pass and then headed over. The boys were immediately intrigued by the car roller coaster (in the photo above). Then they started building some K'nex things until Daddy urged us to go check out the "cooler" attractions.
Ryan immediately fell in love with these balls. You lift all three up and the force of the bounce of the bottom one sends the top one shooting back up. He would have stayed there all day if we would have let him, and any time he ran off, this is where he went.
Caleb said he loved to watch these balls go around and around and into this black hole.
One of my favorites was watching Shawn & Joshua race their cars across the straight and "hilly" paths.
Joshua struggled to launch the tennis ball into the air, while Caleb could pull it with ease. They LOVED this one!

And here's Caleb testing the law of motion.
 The boys watched what happens when you fill this contraption up with sand - it empties in a pattern.
Shawn asked us if this straight bar could fit through the curved hole, and while we guessed no, we were wrong. It went right through!
 We picked which ball would finish the race first on this one:
And the boys tried to put their wheels together to go round and round here with these magnets.
 I stopped to get a picture with my little cheese bucket:
 And the older version complied with my wish - after he took off his glasses, of course.
Then Daddy motioned me into this little room of mirrors - the human kaleidoscope! FUN! Wish I had something like this when I'm doing my hair in the morning!
 Caleb loved filling this hot air balloon up and watching which way the wind would take it!
This one was my person favorite - the hover craft. It would lift off the ground! And it said it was only for children and "small adults" but I did it just fine!
 My favorite picture of the day was of Caleb below!
And Daddy got one of me on the hover craft!
 I forget why the wind was important in this one...
We tried to build a dam to stop the water flow. Joshua LOVED this one in particular!
Caleb's absolute favorite was this ball launcher that took balls from one end of the place to the other via some air mechanism. It was really fun!
Ryan tried to move the wind for the sailboats.
And the boys LOVED talking to each other (these were at opposite ends of the room) through these dishes. It was amazing how they worked!
There were other experiments we tried, but these were the few I captured on the camera when I wasn't playing or running after the Schnook. We had a fun afternoon! We are blessed that the library offers passes to museums like these! Good times for the Good family!

No comments: