Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Brunch

On Sunday, January 13, we invited our friends Chris & Lisa and their kiddos Isabella & Aiden over for brunch after church. I made a baked french toast casserole and bacon, Shawn made scrambled eggs and sausage, and we also enjoyed fresh-baked biscuits, the pumpkin spice muffins I had made with Caleb on Friday, fresh fruit, coffee and chocolate milk.
After we ate, the kids all played together and the adults enjoyed catching up. We talked about new houses and vacations and jobs, etc. It's always fun to see them. Ryan played the hat game with Mr. Chris (calling him "Bella" since the boys were excited for Isabella to come play! He also enjoyed saying hi to Aiden. The older kids played with toys, ran around and eventually played Mario Kart on our Wii.
We gave our friends some hand-me-downs for little Aiden that Ryan has outgrown and after they left, we cleaned up breakfast and eventually I took the older boys to the second Kings' Kids Choir of the Spring season. While they were in their classes, I joined a small group of women who use that time to pray for each other. They are all in a Sunday school class together, but I know a few of them from Study & Share. They seem like a sweet group.

When I was picking up Joshua, the lady in charge of the smaller children's group came up to me and told me that Joshua was a really great kid, very kind and very considerate with the other children. I haven't even seen this woman so much as smile before, so I was surprised and delighted by the news. I made sure to tell Shawn when we got home in front of Joshua, praising him for being a good boy when we're not around. He beamed. :)

We got the kiddos ready for school the following day and watched an episode of "Homeland" before calling it a night. It had been a fun day!

No comments: