Friday, October 5, 2012

The Toy Train Museum

After we got home on Saturday from the National Christmas Center, we debated on what to do. Ryan wasn't contagious and seemed okay at that point, and we had free tickets to see the Train Museum (I'm not sure if we were supposed to get ones for more than one museum, but it seemed to work). So, we decided to go for it. Shawn said this one would be lame and we wouldn't be there real long, and my hope was that Ryan would sleep in the car since he had been up literally the entire night before and was more than exhausted.
We got there and saw all sorts of displays on different types of trains and cases and cases filled with trains. But, what the boys loved the most was the buttons on the outside of these little "kiosks" (no idea what they're actually called) that they could control things inside. If you pushed one button, the bus might go. Another button would turn on certain lights or make a car go, etc.
They had fun operating all the different buttons and trying to figure out what moved or turned on from their controls. The things were neat.
The museum wasn't all that big, and Shawn said it was better than he remembered it being. That said, it was pretty lame in my opinion. We watched some of the trains going around the tracks and the boys pushed lots of buttons. That was the whole deal. I was glad we hadn't paid money to go see it, or I think we would have been sorely disappointed (I was almost disappointed at having to pay for the gas to get there - just kidding! But you get the idea).
The boys enjoyed it, though. They like trains!
And who doesn't like turning on lights to the airplane runway? Their favorite button was one that controlled a firetruck going in and out of its garage. Neat-o!
Here's Joshua looking at the trains going round the track. We saw the one that was like the Strasburg Railroad!
 Here's what Ryan thought of the Toy Train Museum.
So I took him out of the stroller to hold him. Can't you tell by his eyes that he doesn't feel well?
He enjoyed running around that place, and it wasn't big and nothing was out of cases, so he couldn't hurt anything. I was glad to see him walking and not upset.
We ran into my sister's sister-in-law (no relation to us) and her daughters while we were there.
I snapped a few more pictures and took Ryan out to the minivan. He was done, and so was I. Shawn & the older two boys came a few minutes later.
The best part of that trip (at least for me!) was hitting the pumpkin wagon on the way back through where all pumpkins were $1 and a small bale of hay was $2. If I would have had more cash, I may have bought a mum, too. But, I settled for three pumpkins that I hope to have time to paint with the boys some day soon. I was excited that my hubby stopped there as we were leaving. And I was glad he was willing to go to these different places on his day off. :) :) :)

No comments: