Thursday, October 11, 2012

Spending the Night

When we left the zoo, we went to Red Robin for dinner and had the WORST service ever. We headed back to the hotel room and that ended up being a pleasant surprise. When Shawn said he booked a free room using hotel points, I figured as long as it was clean, we were safe. It ended up being very nice though, with a mini kitchen including table & chairs, microwave and fridge and sink/cupboards with dishes, etc.
The living room area was also good enough with a couch and TV, etc.
The best part was that our bedroom was separate from the boys with a door. We had our own TV and they had their own. It was a lot more spacious than I was expecting.
We weren't at the hotel all that long. While it had an indoor pool and a workout facility, I hadn't "over packed" so we didn't have anything with us that we would need to use those things. But, like I said, we were basically just there to sleep. Unfortunately, I had too much caffeine too late and was awake literally the entire night long. But, the bed was comfortable and everyone else slept great.
The hotel came with free breakfast, which is another reason Shawn chose it. The breakfast was okay; nothing I'd write home about, but free is good! Without having slept the night before, I dropped a bowl of fruit loops I had gotten for the boys to snack on while we were picking out their breakfast. Thank God it didn't have milk on it. Shawn just rolled his eyes and chuckled. I am such a clutz! The kids and my wonderful hubby helped me clean it up (thankfully there weren't too many other people around) and we got the breakfast items we wanted to eat and settled in. It was a rainy and chilly day ahead according to the forecast, but that wasn't going to stop us from having fun in DC! More to come!

No comments: