Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Little of This, A Little of That, and Caleb in Some Silly Hats


Wednesday, September 26, Joshua didn't have school because our school district gave off for the Jewish holiday Yom Kippor. I was a little disappointed because that same day was "See You at the Pole" where Christian students can gather together around the flag pole before school and pray, but no one was praying that morning because there wasn't any school. Such is life! It also rained that day, so my original idea of taking the Bean somewhere fun on his day off school fell through. Instead, I told him that after we dropped off Caleb, we could play whatever he liked. When Ryan napped, we played Yahtzee, Memory and Mater Trouble. I think he enjoyed the morning. Then we went to Aunt Jen's for lunch, meeting Grandpa Georgia there to have pizza while all the kids were off school. By that point, the rain had quit so we ate outside and the kids played after I picked up Caleb from soccer shots. They had fun!
On Thursday, September 27, Caleb had to wear red to preschool, so both boys wore their "heartbreaker" shirts. After picking up both boys from school, we went to the gym for my favorite class. Another mom I see at Bible study (although she's not in my group) has a daughter in Caleb's class and a daughter that's in the other morning kindergarten class. The boys always enjoy playing with their friends! The girl Josh's age asked her mommy if she could give Joshua a "best friend" bracelet. Isn't that so sweet? :) :) :) They have fun together. A different mom approached me the one day and asked me if I was Caleb's mom. I said yes and she said that her daughter Arianna LOVES to play with Caleb. I've heard him mention her name before but didn't realize that she was from the gym. I'm glad they are making friends and having fun!
Caleb loves to make us laugh and surprise us in silly ways. He came up to me and said "Mama, what do you think of this look?" Haaa!! I cracked up and took his picture. :) :) :)
That afternoon after the gym, Mamaw agreed to watch the boys while I ran and got my flu shot - OUCH! At least it was done then (thanks, Mom!). Then I took Joshua to soccer practice and did our normal evening routine. Ryan was up ALL night long screaming then - I was SO tired (but I'll blog about him separately). The following day was my sister's birthday, so Caleb colored her a Mario picture that said "Happy Birthday" and wrote her name and his in the morning. While we don't exchange gifts anymore, I took her over a diet coke, which I know she enjoys. This picture above was one that Universal took and put in their magazine that they send out. I've had a ton of people tell me they've seen it. I didn't post it before, even though it was taken earlier this summer, but I figured that it made sense to go with this post. :)

No comments: