Sunday, April 4, 2010

Indoor Egg Hunt & Easter Baskets

Saturday after we got home from John's birthday party, the boys were enjoying time on the back porch as the 'Easter bunny' came and hid their now-dry decorated eggs around the first floor living room. Shawn & I had a great time putting the eggs around and we were excited for them to come find them. Can you find all the eggs in these pictures?
The boys LOVE to find Easter eggs. This was the best year so far for egg hunts!
Both boys came into the room excited to find eggs!
Caleb gently laid his in the basket, which he had traded Joshua for his bag that the Bean wanted since it had a frog on it. Joshua simply tossed his eggs into the bag on top of one another, so we had a couple more broken ones until the end of the hunt. Oh well! That's what they were made for. :) :) :)
We smiled as the boys found eggs on the tissue box, on the train table, on the sofas, on the end tables, under the coffee table, on the high chair, etc.
Caleb looked so cute with the Easter basket.


Soon it was time to bring them back to make sure we had them all. We put our treasured eggs back in their spots in their cartons, just like I did when I was a kiddo.







Then we let them have their Easter baskets, which we made. We saw pre-made ones at Walmart, but we made our own with things the boys would like, including a new coloring book each, a new bigger car, and some chocolate tootsie rolls, bite-size Snickers, raisins, Smarties, and a chocolate bunny (only because I remember getting one every year when I was little).
Caleb went right for the bunny and ate the whole thing. My youngest boy LOVES chocolate and says it clearly. He had chocolate hands, face and t-shirt... and a HUGE SMILE!
Joshua was in love with his red car, and I know they'll both enjoy the coloring book. Later that night, we gave Caleb a haircut and a bath and put both boys to bed so we could watch the next video sessions by Dr. Dobson on raising kids. We're winding down the end of the series. It was a really nice and very busy Saturday. As I was tucking Joshua in, he said "Momma, can I tell you something? I'm VERY TIRED!" I grinned. Oh, me too, kiddo!

No comments: