Saturday, April 3, 2010

Good Friday

I have to say that Good Friday was probably one of the BEST days I've had in a long time. It started out well with my devotions being on the Psalms, and the last Psalm I read was this one.

Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving thanks.
 1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
 2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
       come before him with joyful songs.
 3 Know that the LORD is God.
       It is he who made us, and we are his;
       we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
       and his courts with praise;
       give thanks to him and praise his name.
 5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
       his faithfulness continues through all generations.

After my devotions, Shawn let me go for a run and I ran the whole way to the park, around the loop of the park and back. It was already started to warm up outside and it felt so good to jog and be healed of my gall bladder pain. I will never forget God's goodness and faithfulness to me!
When I got home, I had told Shawn I'd give him his day off work to do whatever it is he wanted to do. So, I called my sister Jen and asked if she'd like to join us at the park with her kiddos to play. She agreed, and I put the boys in the stroller and we headed back to the park, where they played and played and played. Soon enough it was time to head back to our house for lunch and naps (but I snapped a few pictures before we left).
Joshua wanted carrots & grapes for lunch. Okay! He's really been enjoying the baby carrots lately. Then the boys went to bed and Grandpa came over to help me peel potatoes for our Easter gathering. We chatted outside, and I showed him the boys Easter baskets. I also started filling plastic eggs with candy for hiding outside with the cousins. In the meantime, Shawn was working on our yard and dug out three stumps from what we had started digging out last year in our yard-ectomy. He also made a trip to Home Depot for some supplies and was enjoying being outside and getting things done.
After Grandpa left, I cleaned the house and went tanning while Shawn got cleaned up. When I got home, he left to get his new glasses that were done and I got my shower and got cleaned up. Miranda came promptly at 5 pm and watched the boys while Shawn took me to McCleary's Irish Pub in Marietta. It's a place we had seen awhile ago when looking for 'somewhere different' since the Matt Goss band had played there. We wanted to check it out, and we sat at their outdoor dining area (the day had been in the upper 70s, sunny and positively beautiful!). We reminisced about this date being exactly 10 years of being together - how time flies! We also talked about kids, dreams and plans for the future. Then we left and checked out a furniture store just for fun before heading to Barnes & Nobles to do some reading and enjoy some dessert. We got home right at 8 pm and I took Miranda home. We tucked the boys in bed, who seemed to have fun with Miranda and were in good moods all around.
It was a GOOD Friday! Grace told me at the park that Good Friday is when Jesus died. I said "that's right!" She asked what Monday was called. I raised an eyebrow and then she quickly responded that if there was no name for Monday, she must have off school for a teacher in-service day. I giggled. Kids are so funny. Hope you enjoyed your Good Friday, even if your name isn't 'Good.'

No comments: