Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Snowflake Sweater

 
I forgot to mention that while we were in the hospital, I learned that Caleb is starting to recognize some of his colors. We were playing with a Precious Moments sticker book the nurse had given him after he got his IV. The following day when he was starting to feel better, I got the stickers and gave them to him, and then he would place them (near) where they belonged on the coordinating pages. When the stickers were gone, I dug crayons out of the diaper bag and we began to color in the pages. Without my mentioning it first, he grabbed the yellow crayon and said "lello." Yes, that's right! I couldn't believe it. I guess I forget when kids start to do things.
  
Grandma just started going to a sewing circle in the retirement community where she lives. She started to crochet, and made a little sweater that was supposed to be a size 4 for Joshua. But, it fits Caleb perfectly, so the pattern must run small. He looks so cute in it! Thanks, Grandma! Mom also folded some clean laundry while she was here with Joshua and vacuumed - it was so nice to come home to the house better than when I left it. :) :) :)
 
Caleb climbed up into his seat just before dinner tonight and said "buckle." He also ate like a champ. I baked ziti and he ate lots of noodles, didn't touch his peas (which normally both kids love) and then went crazy on cantaloupe for 'dessert.' His eyes are pretty red, which I think is from him being tired. They're also goopy, and his nose is starting to run. Maybe this is the tail end of the virus. He had a couple episodes of diarrhea this morning that have already gone away. He was pretty cuddly and not extremely energetic today, so hopefully he's feeling back to normal tomorrow. I'm just thankful we're all home. There are days I go crazy in the winter, longing to be outside or getting out. But, I must remember that there is no place like home. :) :) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that he is back home and is gaining his health back. It is always good when the kids are healthy and running around! The sweater looks cute on him!