Sunday, January 24, 2010

Praying

On Friday night, once we got into the car after the mall incident, Joshua tearfully asked Daddy "can you pray for my hand?" Why wasn't that our first thought? Shawn did, and we all calmed down and felt better.

Later that night as I was tucking my Bean into bed, I told him that my belly felt a little ouchy (probably from the Chinese food I had split with Daddy!). He immediately said "fank you, God, for making momma's belly not feel ouchy." I was touched. His immediate response was prayer.

And I love how Joshua prays. He always starts with "thank you." The other day, before I got him a drink, he looked at me and said "thank you for my hot chocolate." I smiled and replied, "I didn't give you any hot chocolate." But, at that moment with his sincere thanks in advance, I actually wanted to. I wonder how God feels about our prayers of Thanksgiving. With Joshua's sweet heart and soft voice, when he thanks God for something in advance, I can just imagine our Heavenly Father saying, "DONE!" :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank u ;-) look at that emo boy style at this blog:
http://emo--boys.blogspot.com