Saturday, January 16, 2010

Highlights


While Joshua did get a new Highlights magazine this week, this post title comes from me just re-capping some positive experiences from this week. My favorite moment by far was one morning this week (maybe Wednesday?) when Daddy put both boys in undies first thing in the morning when I was in the shower. When I got out, I laughed and laughed at two skinny boys in just their underwear running around in our room. Joshua is so skinny these days that his arms look like the size of about two of my fingers whereas Caleb is more muscular but not fat in the slightest. He just looks bulkier. Soon enough I got both boys dressed, but that was a memory that made both Daddy & I smile. We have two silly boys!

Another favorite memory is watching my three boys dance to the song "Fireflies " by Owl City. What made the moment all the more special is that the two smallest ones were in their footed pajamas, as it was just before bedtime. They all look so cute as they dance. Just thinking of it puts a smile on my face.

Speaking of music, another favorite moment came today when we were in the car and Joshua sang every last word to the song "Wonderful, Wonderful, Jesus is to me..." There's nothing more precious than his singing voice, especially when he knows the words.

I also have enjoyed looking through books with Caleb as he now pronounces words as he looks at pictures. We were looking at "Baby's First 100 Words" and he knew most of the pictures, which surprised me. He's also counting to eight as we go down the stairs now. His little growing brain never ceases to amaze me, but maybe that's because I still think of him as my little baby.

Another definite highlight from the last couple days has been the weather. I took the boys out for a walk yesterday and today, and there's nothing like fresh air, sunshine and exercise to make you feel more like a human. I enjoy being outside, and we definitely need the Vitamin D. I made sure the kids were still bundled good, but they've also enjoyed being outside. We also played in the garage and on the driveway the last two days with their cozy coupe cars, tricycles, shopping cart, etc. It has made us feel more sane.

Another good thing we started this week was menu planning. We found that even though we had a freezer full of food, I was always wondering what to make at the end of a busy day with the kids. So, we took some time as a couple to plan our meals for the week which allowed me to easily execute and make them, including getting things out that needed to be defrosted the night before. With Shawn graciously offering to do the grocery shopping, there were things we had that I didn't even realize until we took inventory and did some planning. It was nice. We also invited Grandpa Georgia over to enjoy one of the meals with us, which he seemed to enjoy.

Shawn said he had a productive week at work, which is always good. And, another highlight for me is that he's finally starting physical therapy in hopes of healing up his back before we go on vacation. It's important to me that he feels good in general.

There's more I could share, but I must run. Enjoy the highlights!

No comments: