Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bikes, Trikes & Sunny Days


The weather has been above freezing in Lancaster for most of this past week (it rained Sunday, but it was still warmer than it has been). On Saturday, we cleaned out the garage and started cleaning out our cars a little (we didn't get too far with the boys, though, I'll admit!). They played with the sidewalk chalk, I took them for a walk so Daddy could start organizing and then we came back and got the toys out for them. They love their cozy coupe cars and their bicycles. Joshua is proudly showing his pedaling skills on his new bike from Grandma that he got for Christmas. He loves his little Thomas bike. That meant Caleb got the hand-me-down little tricycle from our neighbors. I also bought this little helmet for Caleb off Craig's List.

On Friday I took Caleb to the doctor's office in the afternoon for his extremely dry skin. I use all unscented laundry detergents, I lather him in Cetaphil cream several times a day, and yet his skin still seems irritated around his elbows, knees, etc. So, the pediatrician prescribed a little steroid cream to help calm down the dry skin and also told me to put baking soda in his bath water. For the most part, though, we're doing the right things and hopefully he'll make it through this season. Joshua had extremely dry skin when he was a baby, too, but is doing just fine now.
Grandma told us she put together the train table she bought, so I volunteered our boys to come check it out... while Shawn & I went to dinner. :) :) :) We went right down the street to Hot Z's Pizza in Landisville and dined on pizza & wings. YUM! It was nice to be out just the two of us. And the boys ate well for Grandma, Joshua got to put his water in the potty standing up on her stool (which he was thrilled about) and play with her trains. Thanks, Mom, for watching the kiddos!

On Saturday, we went to LCBC and heard a great sermon on discipline. I highly recommend checking it out at www.lcbcchurch.com after this next weekend (when the sermon and notes will be available online). They also announced that they are opening a new church plant location in Lancaster City. We are so excited! We signed up to check out the first service on January 31, hoping to join a smaller group but still liking the church atmosphere for our kids. It's literally about three miles from our house. Friends of ours are planning on checking it out, too, and I found out that the husband of one of the women I met through MOPS is going to be the pastor. Can't wait to see what it's like!

Also last week, I had emailed JCPenney's my bad experience at the store, and someone wrote back authorizing me to buy whatever pictures I wanted at the coupon price. I called in my order, and the woman agreed with me that the extra charge was ridiculous. They are shipping my pictures directly to me, free of charge. I was very satisfied with the customer service I received from the corporate office. And I can't wait to get my pictures of lil' Caleb Luke. That kid makes us laugh and laugh. He's talking up a storm, and of course right now his favorite word is "no." I asked him if he wanted me to read him a book the other night and he answered "no" and then thought about it and said "please." Too funny!

 We've been going for walks around the neighborhood almost every day that the weather permits. There's something so good about getting a little sunshine. I just can't describe what it does for my personality, and I know the boys enjoy it, too. I'm ready for Spring!


Yesterday I went with Grandma (and Caleb!) to the mall while Joshua was in preschool. Kohl's had a huge clearance on shoes, and Grandma bought me a necklace while we were out (love it! thanks!). Then last night I went to a girl's night out. While I invited a bunch of folks, only four of us ladies from small group said we could make it. Unfortunately, I missed emailing back Melanie (so sorry!) so only three of us went. I still had a great time, even though I felt bad about the mix-up. I love the gals from our small group. :)


Today I've been working on getting school work accomplished... after all, it starts tomorrow! Have a great rest of your day!

No comments: