Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A little of this, a little of that...


Here is a picture of our new toy storage center thingy-ma-jigger. We bought the actual cubes to do the whole thing (instead of just two red and two blue how it is now), but then Shawn thought it would be better to just leave the five open spots. The jury is still out. I sort of like the idea of having everything in its own basket or cube or whatever.
 
I finally built Joshua a train track that works without the kids destroying it. I decided not to have two stories of tracks because it's the top layer that was constantly getting knocked down. I used as many pieces as possible to connect everything and still have a single layer. I thought it turned out well, and the Bean has been enjoying it.

He's also highly into the movie 'Cars' right now and loves Lightning McQueen, who he tells us is a 'helper.' Grandma got one of the boys (I think it may have been Caleb, actually) books on the cars movie and Joshua likes to read each one over and over again. We had gotten Caleb a 'bopper bag' for Christmas that was from the movie Cars. At first we didn't fill it with water on the bottom and the boys liked to toss it around. I will never forget the first night when Shawn finally did put water in the bottom. Caleb was SO angry that the bag would come back after he knocked it down. Shawn & I laughed and laughed. Then I showed Caleb how fun it was that you hit it and it comes back. Then he giggled and both boys joined in and now love it. Daddy, though, somehow picked it up and put it back down and all the water came flowing out of it... all over our hardwood floors. We were both in shock! So, it went to the sink for 'repair' before getting into action again.
 
On Sunday I went to a baby shower for my best buddy Suzanne. She's expecting a son in February, which is just around the corner! Here's the cake:
 
And here's a very pregnant Suz. The first game we did was guess how big around she is. I guessed that she's about as big around as I am not pregnant (which was wrong, thankfully!), but her baby bump is so adorable! She's tiny but there's no mistaking the baby inside, which I've tried to convince her to name Val (as in Val Kilmer). I don't think she's taken to the idea. Haaa!!!
 
Here's an idea of the many, many gifts she received.
 
Her sister Christine who happened to be in my Bible study group this past summer ran the shower and did the games. She's standing in the background explaining the game we were about to do, which was nursery rhymes.
 
And here's me & Suz. I'm so excited for her! I wish she lived a little closer than Jersey, but I can't complain since it's closer than Massachusetts where she used to live. :) Can't wait until the baby arrives!!!! And I'm glad it's a boy. It won't be long before our boys will enjoy playing together. Three years isn't a lot once you're all talking, walking, etc. Congratulations, Suz!
 

No comments: