Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sun 'n Fun

These past few days have been impeccably gorgeous. I can't tell you what sunshine does for the soul! Monday was my last class before summer break, and I've already in put final grades. It was 90 degrees that day, and you could feel the excitement in the air as many of my students were graduating.On Tuesday morning, we took a meal to my friend Becca, and we went for a walk together with the kids and played at the playground near their house. Joshua love spending time on the slide with his friend Alayna! It was gorgeous out! That afternoon, Grandma came over and we sat outside while the boys played and played.I've been working with Joshua, asking him about the letters on the fridge, and he gets 95% of them correct. He thought that the letter 'C' was a 'U' because it was on its side, and there were a couple other ones that he didn't get correct like Z and F and E. But, I was amazed at how many of them he knows. Everyday I think of how blessed I am to have Joshua in my life. He is so sweet and truly amazing!Tuesday night when Daddy got home from work, we continued playing outside in the backyard. Joshua would score soccer goals and go down the slide, and Caleb was enjoying the ball drop toy, and each time the ball would go down, Caleb would get on his tippy toes to look down the hole and try to find out where it went. It was adorable to watch! I can't get over how smart he seems already! We grilled out and enjoyed dinner on the deck. It was a fun family evening. Afterward, it was time once again to give the boys a bath to wash off the sunscreen. They are enjoying bathing together and getting better at sharing toys and laughing at each other's silliness, etc. On Wednesday, it got chilly and rainy again (much like today!). I got to have another mom's night out with the MOPS gals, and we went to Barnes & Noble and had a great time chatting and catching up. It ended up being a smaller group with Becca, Amy, Margie, Renee and me. I had a fantastic time, as usual! My husband is incredibly supportive of me getting out of the house on occasion to have some time with friends...it's much appreciated! As much as I love our kids (more than I could have ever imagined), it's a nice change to get out by myself.We're trying to teach Caleb how to wave 'hi' and 'bye'. He waved twice today but the rest of the time he just smiled and giggled when we asked him. Caleb is also standing up for longer periods of time without holding onto anything. He's walking holding onto things but has yet to take actual steps without holding on.

Finally, both boys are eating! This week has been great for both of them! Caleb actually likes meat, which astounds me since Joshua still doesn't. Caleb will not eat bananas, but for the most part anything else I've put in front of him has gone down the hatch, until he's full at which time he's done (which is super!). He's eaten noodles, waffles, hamburger, chicken, sweet potatoes, apple sauce, bread and more! Joshua also seemed to eat a lot for me this week, and he's been taking longer naps in the afternoon, which makes me think maybe he's going through a growth spurt? Only time will tell!

No comments: