Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring or Summer?

The temperature this weekend reached into the 90s. It was absolutely gorgeous with a fresh breeze blowing and everything in full bloom. Thus, we allowed Joshua to have his first ever very-own ice cream cone. While we've shared ours with him before, we thought this would be a nice 'treat' for being a good boy all weekend.Saturday morning both kids woke up before the crack of dawn. Neither were feeling too well (in fact, Joshua has slept with us the last two nights because when he comes into our room coughing and wheezing, we just can't say no since he's not feeling well...although I think he's doing better today). We started out by taking a little drive (just long enough to get some Starbucks caffeine) and started cleaning out our garage. Soon it was time for Daddy to leave to meet Poppy at Grandma's house to pick up her snowblower and patio furniture that she had given us. Originally I had planned on meeting friends in Reading for lunch, but unfortunately Donna was sick. So, we rescheduled for a couple weeks. When Poppy & Daddy arrived back home, we saw our neighbors outside...they unfortuntely had a sewage system issue and were "raking, snaking and cleaning you-know-what!!!"
Grandma called shortly thereafter and asked if I'd like to join her shopping. Since my plans had been cancelled, why not? I took poor little Caleb with us (who had spit up again that morning), and Joshua & Daddy did yardwork and played while mom & I had an amazing time shopping. I spent all of $1.33 and came home with some new treasures thanks to gift cards, coupons and mom's generosity. I can't wait to wear my new outfit from J. Jill to school tomorrow night!
When we got home, I mowed the backyard since Daddy had done the frontyard and the outside trim. I also helped clean up some of the bushes Shawn had trimmed back so we could walk from our deck to the outside lawn. Finally, we started organizing the garage, which went really well. I think even with our new snowblower, we can find everything and have the toys easily accessible to the front, etc.Shawn took several trips to the local yardwaste dump (which mulches it all up) while the kids napped. He also cleaned up my car, which really needed it (thanks, Daddy!). Thereafter, we went for a little drive and ended up at East Lampeter Park. I wish I would have had my camera on me. Joshua had NO fear! There was a 15-foot slide that Joshua climbed to the top of before we could catch him and slid right down. I almost had a heart attack. He also jumped on the merry-go-round that an older kid was pushing, but soon said "get down, please!" and the kid let him off. He LOVED the park, but it had too many larger contraptions that weren't extremely Bean-size-safe, so we headed to Stoner Park instead. Daddy dropped Caleb Luke & me off at the house beforehand at my request, and my little buddy and I walked to the park (which takes less than 30 minutes but gives me some much-needed exercise). On the trail, we saw Chuck, the groundhog! He now lives in the field near Lancaster Bible College. We also saw two deer that were happily prancing in love at the farm off Eden Road. I never realized how huge deer are...they look a lot different that close! Caleb loved swinging in the baby swings at the park, and Joshua is in love with slides and climbing. When we came home, we played more outside until we got the boys another much-needed bath before bed.Today was another day of playing outside. We were going to go to church, but Caleb is still not feeling well. I've been wiping his nose, and he threw up all over after dinner, Grandma said. She had offered to watch the boys for us this evening since she's leaving for her cross-country trip this coming Friday. We'll rarely pass up the opportunity for babysitting! Shawn & I dined at JB Dawson's at Park City, and it was AWESOME! I didn't realize that the same owners who have Austin's Restaurant in Reading own this one...the food was the same (SCRUMPTIOUS!) and so was the service (EXCELLENT!). I feasted on potato soup, a caesar salad, honey wheat bread and unsweetened iced tea. It was amazing! And, the company was incredible, as usual. My husband looked mighty handsome in a yellow-n-blue striped button down shirt and khaki shorts and I wore a white linen shirt and khaki capri pants. When we were driving home, Joshua said "ice cream" and while we don't normally think that lots of sweets and things are good for kids, I looked at Daddy and said "why not? for a special treat..." and he was thinking the same thing. So, we swung by McDonald's near our house, and Joshua said "Wait! We're going the wrong way!" (He is sooo smart! We hadn't turned to go home, but went the opposite way to go to fetch his ice cream). When we got home, the kids played more outside...now it's getting dark and time for more baths. Goodnight!

No comments: